Money is no object
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Money is no object

Money is no object

What is the best 3D video card for games on the market today and will putting two cards together really help. AGP and or PCI. To be used in a Pentium II 300

Since you said "today" and "money no object"...you might consider a Canopus TNT combined with a pair of V2s or an Obsidian(two V2s on one pci board)

Yeah, what he said!
    Sometimes I wonder...

Well if you just want speed you should go with the Voodo2 that is the fastest card around now but if you want extra good softness in your pictures you should go with the Riva TNT.

Thanks to You All
    This gives me a somewhat of a idea of the video card market. I guess some video cards are better in certain aspects then others. How much of the equation does the monitor play? Is the AMD K6 with 3d now a better way to go, or is the Intel Pentium II MMX ok? I want the video to be mind blowing!! After all is said and done what should I expect???

Well, if you have a load of money, then you should go for Pentium II Xeon. It is today the best CPU for the X86 architechture available. The only drawback is that it doesn't support 3DNOW! (Intel won't probably be supporting it EVER) or KNI yet.

3D games and hardware manufacturers are increasinly supporting 3DNOW! and it really do makes a difference when it comes to performance.

When you say "mind blowing", do you mean as in frame rates or picture quality. As far as I know, the Voodoo II (especially SLI) delivers the fastest graphic performance on earth. (On X86 that is) But there are competing cards which might not provide as high frame rate, but gives a much better picture quality.

Thread Information