3Dfx+AMD K6-2 Donīt work!?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: 3Dfx+AMD K6-2 Donīt work!?

3Dfx+AMD K6-2 Donīt work!?

Iīve just bought an 3Dfx card (Diamond Monster 3D II) and installed it on my computer, but it doesnīt work. I have a CPU from AMD K6-2 300 and a Videocard Cirrus Logic 5436. My motherboard is an FIC 503+. Is there anyone out there who could help me too get these things too work together?

It could be your 2D card, does it have at least 2mb video mem?
    You should also think about changing the 2D card it could slow you V2 down.

It could be your 2D card, does it have at least 2mb video mem?
    You should also think about changing the 2D card it could slow you V2 down.

I have A K6-2 350mhz overclocked to 400mhz
    on a FIC MVP 503+ motherboard with dual 8mb
    voodoo-2's and they run flawlessly Q2 1024x768 at 67.4fps (demo1.dm2). I have 64 megs of pc-100 ram and use an ATI EXPERT at work 8mb AGP for 2-d duties. I tried to install a Creative Blaster TNT in place of the ATI but it had a conflict with my sound card unless I removed my modem. This is probably because I don't know how to assign a new IRQ to my cards

Hi! when i upgrade from P-100 to k6-2 300 i got similar problem. I got an old S3 virge for 2D and a voodoo1 for 3D. My problem was related to Unreal game. I solve it by downloading patch on the www.3dfx.com . you probably have to do somthing like that.ADM k6-2 need some patch to work properly with some game. I don't think you prolems come from your 2D card. loup

Go to your respective card manufacturer's sites, and AMD's site - get the latest drivers for your cards, and maybe your motherboard. I'm running a Diamond Monster II on a Soltek board with a 350 K6-2 - smooth. Check the FAQ's at the sites for the video cards for any conflicts - Good luck!
    Levi

I have an AMD K6-2/333 with an S3 Virge and Monster 3D II, and have no problems whatsoever. Installation was easy and performance is smooth as buttah. My motherboard is an ASUS PA5-B.

I have an AMD K6-2/333 with an S3 Virge and Monster 3D II, and have no problems whatsoever. Installation was easy and performance is smooth as buttah. My motherboard is an ASUS PA5-B.

AMD k6-2 300 here with Canopus Pure 3d II..... i had it work without a hitch! Is it particluar games that dont work?

Thread Information