TV out and driver issues
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: TV out and driver issues

TV out and driver issues

Hello. I have a Toshiba laptop running Windows XP media center edition. I was trying to watch an MPEG file on my TV (through the TV out of the Nvidia Geforce 5600 card) and it was not working. When connected, everything on the computers monitor is shown on the TV with no problems. The problem starts when i hit play on the controls of PowerDVD or WinDVD. I get audio only. The picture is still playing on my computer screen but my TV has no picture. I have gone through all the settings and all seems right. Any ideas what the problem might be?
    Also, i tried to update the drivers for the graphics card. The update seems to go fine but whenever i go back to the properties of the video card, it still lists a driver version from 2003 as the currently installed driver. Any ideas on this one too? Thanks.
    P4 @ 2.4G, MSI 648 Max L, 512MB PC2100 DDR, 80G WD HD with 8MB Cache, NEC 2500A DVD Burner, Norcent CDRW, 19" MAG Monitor, Antec TRUE330, Audiophile 2496, ATI Radeon 7500.
    P3 @ 800MHz, 120G WD HD, 384Mhz RAM, Toshiba DVD ROM, Panansonic CDRW, 15" Nokia Monitor, 32MB Diamond Viper II.

You need to set up TwinVeiw (or whatever they call it) correctly. There should be something under display properties to set the image for the second monitor to full screan. Clone Mode has to be on too. My last card is an ATI so I'm doing this off memory from almost 2 years ago.
    AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

Thread Information