Running two cards!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Running two cards!

Running two cards!

I'm about to upgrade my system from a P150 to Pentium II. My current video card setup is a Matrox Mystique with a Rainbow Runner daughterboard along with an Orchid Righteous Voodoo 1 3DFX card. My question is should I upgrade to an AGP card, and if I do would I still be able to run my Matrox Mystique with Rainbow Runner alongside it for video editing? Or would I have to ditch the mystique and therefore lose the video editing capability?

Only if you have Win98 will you be able to use both cards, but then you would have to use Two monitors, and both of your Video cards would have to support Multiple monitors, and be compatible with each other, if you want to upgrade to AGP and I suggest you do, and you want to still have your video editing, you have a few choices, you could buy Matrox's new Mystique & Raibow runner combo, or Matrox's new Marvel Card(maybe you could use your old RRCard on a new matrox card? i dont know), or you could get a ATI All In Wonder Pro, and still use your Voodoo card, allthough I suggest the Matrox, because it is a more advanced chip, but neither the matrox or the ati cards have native OpenGl support(matrox is probably closer) but they have a bunch of patches(yeh), but using your voodoo card you shouldnt have a problem with that.

Chanse Guest
    It all really depends on what kind of 2d/ 3d/ and video p[erformance you're looking for. The new Marvel G200 from Matrox is sweet, great 2d/ pretty good 3d, and a rainbow runner lightyears ahead of the older one. Plus it comes with a new Avid editing program. The 3d is not the fastest, but you can always add another 3d add on if you want to. If you get a new agp card, you can run it alonside you mystique, and just use a monitor switcher, instead of having to buy another monitor. I would definitely avoid the ATI ALL-IN-Wonder. it's 3d is a joke, and it's video capability is far less than the quality of the rainbow runner.

Thread Information