Diamond monster fusion 16MB// email conflict
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Diamond monster fusion 16MB// email conflict

Diamond monster fusion 16MB// email conflict

I am using an HP Pavilion 3260 desktop with above mentioned card. Games look great, but I can't check my email. I downloaded latest drivers from diamond, and then tried re-installing AOL, but I freeze after clicking 'read'. My last thought would be to change internet providers, but that would be a different topic all together. Any advice on where to get a better driver would be appreciated.

Same problem with this card on K6-2 @ 333mhz. Haven't tried the updated drivers, but as you indicated, didn't do much good.
    Everything else looks great. Got to be something connected with the way it reads the scrolling of the email list. Am going to try reload of W95 next, but have heard that STB V4400 drivers are more stable. Are you using PCI or AGP version?

TC

I'm using the PCI version. I also tried reloading win95 and it didn't help.

I'm using PCI version also, on 75mhz bus.
    Have you tried flashing the bios on the card as well as updating drivers. I haven't had time to try yet but their web site sez the new bios is necessary for the driver update, which is supposed to fix the AOL lock-ups.

TC

I also have a monster fusion and when i went on AOL 4.0 to get my mail it would crash my system, so you can do is either use 256-bit color when checking your e-mail or you can get AOL 3.0 and not have any problems at all and plus with 3.0 you get fast modem speeds then AOL 4.0

P.S. updating drivers isn't going work, unless they make the impossible 32-bit color on a 24-bit card, its AOL's fault not the Banshee's

!Biggy Biggy Biggy Big Daddy!

Steve,

I finally got time to get serious on this thing and first updated bios from file on the Diamond site, then installed the updated drivers. It works ... fixed the email and file cabinet lock-ups on AOL. Give it a try.

TC

BD,

Sorry ... you too ;-) I was sceptical, but it works for me w/AOL 4.0 at 16 bit.

TC

Thread Information