Laptop Screen Noise
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Laptop Screen Noise

Laptop Screen Noise

Hi guys,

I purchased an M30 Satellite (Special Edition) Pentium M (Dothan) 1.7 Ghz three months ago and recently I've noticed that the screen is making a little noise. The screen is the Super Bright 15.4" WXGA TFT. It is a noise similar to what the old CRT monitors and TVs would make, if you know what i mean. It disappears when I set the brightness of the screen to maximum.

As far as I know, the screens are equipped with a "fluorescent lights" sort of thing, and that's probably the cause of the noise.

Is this a normal issue? I've just sent Toshiba and will see how they will respond, but just thought I'd hear from you guys and those who have experienced this.

The Laptop

Thanks in advance.
    "There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in their home."

Ken Olson (President of Digital Equipment Corporation), Convention of the World Future Society in Boston, 1977

I must admit I have not heard of that, but then my youngest laptop is now three years old, so it pre-dates the advances that have been made in screen brightness. My guess would be that it is a controller on the backlight that is causing the noise. If you are under warranty-and I think that you are, from your post-I would ask them to fix it. Let me hear what Toshiba has to say. That is what I have now, and I have found the support to be pretty good.

Thread Information