The Best Game EVER!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: The Best Game EVER!

The Best Game EVER!

Well I just finished HL-2.

I have to say it was well worth the money! The game just got better as it went on.

The last two levels are just amazing and they're the most fun levels I have ever played in a game. I am not going to say what/how the *weapon* is so much fun.. for those that aren't there yet. But it is just amazing.

I would say if you haven't tried this game yet, it is well worth it.

Bring on the expansions !!!

I never played half life 2, I played it on my mates computer thought and think its quite cool game to play, so i might go for half life 1 before going onto half life 2...

because i never played 1 yet!

Half-Life 1 was also a very good game!

If you are into single player games, and have some free time, I would try Half-life 1, then the expansions (opposing force, blue shift) and then Half-life2.

Great games!

Is half life better then rainbow 6 in your opinion? Does it have better graphics? I also hear that rainbow 6 is like half life, My brother says that...

But his not really a gamer, and he wants to get rainbow 6 even know his not a gamer

I used to play Rainbow 6 way back in the day. The graphics may be slightly better than then Half-Life 1, but the game play is really hard to compare as they are two different type of games.

Rainbow 6 is made to be realistic, you work in a swat team. 1 hit to die most of the time.

Half-life1, you fight aliens.

In my opinion half-life was much much more fun than Rainbow 6.

Iam going for half life then!

I played through Half Life again a couple of weeks back, and had forgotten how good it was.

The graphics look absolutely dreadful now, but the fact that I still played it all the way through (for the umpteenth time) is a testament to how well the gameplay has stood the test of time.

You got me all excited about those last 2 levels in HL2 now, K62

I reckon I'm about halfway through, so still plenty to look forward to
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Edition, Gigabyte Z77-D3H, Ivy Bridge i7 3770, nVidia GTX480 1.5Gb, 16Gb Corsair 1600MHz, Creative X-Fi, Seagate 500Gb SATA II, DGM 23" Widescreen TFT

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" -Blaise Pascal

M.C.S.A.

Oh yeah! I remember the first time I played the Half-life 1. I was at my friends house for about a week, and the two of us took turns playing the game through.

That was on a Pentium 120 I bet it ran slow as hell, but I don't remember noticing it.

Take your time through hl2. Near the end I played it for about a 4 hour stretch which is crazy for me. I can usually only play a game for about an hour at a time or so. (still haven't beat doomIII)

You will love the last two levels man, I am telling you

half life 2

ive played half life 2 on my friends computer since my gaming machine components arent here yet and my current comp wont run it, and i must agree with you bro, half life 2 has got to be the greatest game ever made, and i say also BRING ON THE EXPANSIONS LOL

Ive just finished HL2, and to be honest, I was dissapointed.
    The graphics are awesome, and gameplay itself was really good, shoot people, then do a sort of puzzle which is what I like, BUT, its was over far too soon, the original HL went on and on and on and on, this has taken me under a week to finish, and I have a full time job and a (honest..) life away from the pc. My feelings right now are as when I played MOHAA - FAR too short. I'd rather have seen the original HL with new graphics. I've been waiting for this game for years (literally) and am very dissapointed.

This sig In memory of my kid sister, Mandy. Died 14-8-02 aged 30.
    Murdered for nothing at all by Louise Berry

CALV

I must have been the only guy who got bored playing this game.... all too short as well. The levels where you use the airboat almost had me yawning... alright it was a little better once you had a gun on it but still.
    CPU: Athlon X2 7850 Blackbox edition o/c'd to 3400mhz
    Motherboard: Asus M2N68-AM SE2
    Memory: 4gb Kingston KVR RAM
    Video: BFG Geforce gtx 260 oc v2
    Hard Drives: 1TB Barracuda 7200.12, 500GB WD, 320GB WD, 320GB WD 250GB WD, 250GB Seagate
    Case: APEVIA X-CRUISER-BK Black Steel case
    Power Supply: OCZ 700W StealthXStream Power Supply
    Optical: 22x LG DVD R/W

Originally posted by K62

Take your time through hl2. Near the end I played it for about a 4 hour stretch which is crazy for me. I can usually only play a game for about an hour at a time or so. (still haven't beat doomIII)

You will love the last two levels man, I am telling you
    Just completed it at last. All I can say is wow, what a ride

I see what you mean about the last two levels, especially the last one. And *that weapon*

Even the music during that last level is fantastic, especially during the end credits. I loved the little comedy moment after the credits too.

How anyone could describe this game as disappointing is beyond me.

edit: I do agree it could have been a little bit longer, but I'd rather have 10 cool levels than 20 dull ones
    Last edited by dannyboy27; November 28th, 2004 at 09:37 AM.
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Edition, Gigabyte Z77-D3H, Ivy Bridge i7 3770, nVidia GTX480 1.5Gb, 16Gb Corsair 1600MHz, Creative X-Fi, Seagate 500Gb SATA II, DGM 23" Widescreen TFT

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" -Blaise Pascal

M.C.S.A.

Thread Information