I've finished Halflife2
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: I've finished Halflife2

Smile I've finished Halflife2

What a game. It gets more intense the further you get through. Graphics, physics, AI and sound are top-notch (even supports 7.1 speakers).

I won't reveal anything about the ending because that'd be daft.

But hey FREE with my R9800 Pro all that time ago.

It is going to be hard to find another game to play which doesn't look like Pacman in comparison.

Oh yeah, it runs awesome at 1152x786 4xAA 2xAF (also runs ok at 1280x 4xAA 16xAF)

It was worth the wait (especially knowing that there is now a damn good game engine out there for future games)

I wonder if it will be a shorter wait for HL3?
    AMD Mobile 2500+
    A7N8X Deluxe rev2.0
    1GB Corsair XMS PC2700
    GeCube Radeon 9800 Pro
    Seagate SATA 80GB
    2xSegate 160GB in RAID0

Can you answer me this then (serious question).

At the start of the game after I have meant Barny and come out of the train station and into the square, what do I do next?

All the doors everywhere are locked and I just end up walking in circles.

HELP!

Athlon XP 3200+, TT Silent Boost (its rubbish as well as loud) Gigabyte nForce2 mobo (stable but lacks tweaking options), GF4 Ti4200 128mb, Lian-Li V2000

It's been a little while since I was there, but isn't there a ladder around there somewhere that you climb to get over a fence (or something like that)?

I only play an hour at a time or so, and I'm coming out of the mine shafts, so I don't remember exactly what you need to do back there.

good luck,

ed

Originally posted by davidstone28
    Can you answer me this then (serious question).

At the start of the game after I have meant Barny and come out of the train station and into the square, what do I do next?

All the doors everywhere are locked and I just end up walking in circles.

HELP!

Is it the place where Combine soldiers break in and Barney tells you to escape by the window? If it is, then it's like edhe said, you need to climb up the ladder, and drag a crate near the window to get out.

I'm on the hovercraft (Water Hazard) level now. I've heard everywhere it is long as hell, so I guess I'm on the beginning of it
    Last edited by equinoxe3d; November 21st, 2004 at 09:24 PM.

Core i7 2600K @ 4GHz | Noctua NH-C12P SE14 | ASUS Maximus IV GENE-Z | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600 CL9 | Gigabyte GTX 670 OC 2GB | 256GB Crucial m4 | 2TB WD Green | Samsung DVD±RW | Seasonic X 460w Fanless | Fractal Design Define Mini | Windows 7 Ultimate | Dell 2209WA @ 75Hz

Join the HwC Folding@Home team!

hands down,,,best game ever made..
    Main BoxAthlon 64 FX-53 @2.4ghz| 2GB HyperX
    PC4000 | Asus A8V-Delx. | BFG 6800U | 2xWD Raptor 74Gb raid 0| Audigy2 | Dell 19" LCD FPM | XP Pro
    Linux Box -Athlon 64 2800 | MSI K8T NEO |
    9700p | SB Live! Value | 80Gb Seagate Barracuda | Sony DL DVDRW | Ubuntu 64bit
    LaptopDell 600M 1.5Ghz Cent. | 512mb | DVDRW
    Mac G5 Dual 2.3Ghz | 4Gb Ram | Radeon 9650 | 250Gb sata | Dell 19" Flat CRT

I agree with sam.......

-AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 90nm -Abit AV8pro mb -Swiftech MCX6400-V cpu heatsink -BFG Nvidia 6800 gt oc to 425/1100 using nv silencer 5 on it.
    -2x512 mb crucial memory dual channel -200gb seagate hd 7,200rpm 8mb cache -36gb WD Raptor hd 10,000rpm 8mb cache -400w raidmax powersupply w/ led fans
    -Logitech Z-680 speakers -Creative Audigy 2 ZS
    -21"HP 1800x1440@85hz CRT -Logitech mx1000 mouse (its powered by friggin lasers) -Lite-on 16x dvd drive -Lite-on 16x dvd-r/rw drive double layer -Platinum Xp case (moded with windows and other stuff)

Msn-jpsrr@msn.com Yahoo-Bregulator121 Aol-Bregulator121

Link to pictures of my computer (not updated in awhile)
    http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289265327

Im in the prison and wow!

There are at least one or two scenes so far that are just freaking fantastic fun...more so than water hazard or anything before it.

One in the prision and one as you are trying to get to it...

Im talking multiple gunships in air, guards in guard towers, men running around everywhere, you run shoot spin shoot dodge..

Its pretty close to the frenetic level of a full match game of OIII Arena or UT and I was very please at how smooth it was at this level of graphics.
    Nforce 2 Mobo-oem stock
    Athlon Xp3000-Stock
    768 mgs PC2100 @ 2.5/3/3
    Radeon 9700 PRO/365/342
    Western Digital 8mg cache ATA-133/160G/7200 HD
    Win XP Home SP1
    19" KDS "Extreme Flat"

Laptop
    Athlon 64 3200+
    512mg Ram
    Mobile Radeon 9600
    80G Hard Drive

Jeez, can't believe you've finished it already, SexyMF. That's pretty impressive.

I'm just past the prison, and starting to see those big scary-looking black buildings which featured in alot of the pre-release screenshots, they look really atmospheric. And they move

The physics in this game are so good that it's fun just to walk around and smash/throw/knock over things, especially with the zero point energy rifle.

Overall I'd agree that it's the best game I've ever played, and by some distance too. Gabe Newell and the other guys at Valve have got it very, very right.
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Edition, Gigabyte Z77-D3H, Ivy Bridge i7 3770, nVidia GTX480 1.5Gb, 16Gb Corsair 1600MHz, Creative X-Fi, Seagate 500Gb SATA II, DGM 23" Widescreen TFT

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" -Blaise Pascal

M.C.S.A.

I agree on the best game ever, finally the Water Hazard part wasn't too long

Originally posted by dannyboy27
    with the zero point energy rifle.
    "You can call it Zero Point Energy Rifle, if you really want to". God I loved that part

Core i7 2600K @ 4GHz | Noctua NH-C12P SE14 | ASUS Maximus IV GENE-Z | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600 CL9 | Gigabyte GTX 670 OC 2GB | 256GB Crucial m4 | 2TB WD Green | Samsung DVD±RW | Seasonic X 460w Fanless | Fractal Design Define Mini | Windows 7 Ultimate | Dell 2209WA @ 75Hz

Join the HwC Folding@Home team!

Alrgiht, here is my question: I am in the section after the transporter fails to do any good and you have to take the more dangerous way out of town(can't remember the name). I am at the point after those guys dump barrels in while I am in the water adn it blows the gate open. I go throw, blow up some bride that some gaurds are standing on and shooting at me. To my right are 2 sets of gates and that is where it looks like I have to go. I have tried using the boxes, barrels, and tires to build something up to get out on the surface, but that doesn't work. WHAT THE HELL DO I DO NEXT? I am going NUTS here!!!!!!
    Compy 1 (Brand New as of 2/7/07):
    P5N32-E SLI w/ C2D E6600 at stock (for now)
    Zalman CNPS9700 cooler
    2GB Corsair DDR2800 @ 5-5-5-15 @1.9v
    1x EVGA 8800GTX (stock)
    1 150GB Raptor+ 250GB WD Internal SATA's
    250GB WD Backup Drive
    2x Plextor DVD burners, IDE
    2x Plextor DVD burners, SATA
    Audigy2 w/ Klipsch 2.1's
    Black Silverstone TJ-07
    PC P&C 510W SLI PSU
    Dell 30" LCD

Strongbad e-mail

Im in the prison and wow!
    There is some awesome fighting in there. I do like how the level design has taken great care so you don't backtrack much at all. It is appreciated.

The physics in this game are so good that it's fun just to walk around and smash/throw/knock over things, especially with the zero point energy rifle.
    I'm stomping through again kicking, beating, throwing, molesting everything I find I like how you can kill by throwing heavy enough objects at people.

Alrgiht, here is my question: I am in the section after the transporter fails to do any good and you have to take the more dangerous way out of town(can't remember the name). I am at the point after those guys dump barrels in while I am in the water adn it blows the gate open. I go throw, blow up some bride that some gaurds are standing on and shooting at me. To my right are 2 sets of gates and that is where it looks like I have to go. I have tried using the boxes, barrels, and tires to build something up to get out on the surface, but that doesn't work. WHAT THE HELL DO I DO NEXT? I am going NUTS here!!!!!!
    I think you need to shift barrels and crouch under a gap in an archway. Post a screenshot to clarify your position (if your still stuck)

Oh, and I finished simply because my partner is away on a business trip so I had some time to rock the house.

I like this screenshot:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    AMD Mobile 2500+
    A7N8X Deluxe rev2.0
    1GB Corsair XMS PC2700
    GeCube Radeon 9800 Pro
    Seagate SATA 80GB
    2xSegate 160GB in RAID0

Dammit! Everytime I looked at that little hole in the wall, it seemed darkened out so I couldn't go through there. Of course, upon closer insepection, all I needed to do was crouch and shove some barreles down at those nasty little ceiling hanging buggers! That was so easy, I am retarded! Of course, I proceeded to stay up another 2 hours after figuring that out to keep on playing!
    Compy 1 (Brand New as of 2/7/07):
    P5N32-E SLI w/ C2D E6600 at stock (for now)
    Zalman CNPS9700 cooler
    2GB Corsair DDR2800 @ 5-5-5-15 @1.9v
    1x EVGA 8800GTX (stock)
    1 150GB Raptor+ 250GB WD Internal SATA's
    250GB WD Backup Drive
    2x Plextor DVD burners, IDE
    2x Plextor DVD burners, SATA
    Audigy2 w/ Klipsch 2.1's
    Black Silverstone TJ-07
    PC P&C 510W SLI PSU
    Dell 30" LCD

Strongbad e-mail