G200 US bought will not work in europe ?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: G200 US bought will not work in europe ?

G200 US bought will not work in europe ?

I am currently in the US and was looking to buy the Matrox G200 .. the salesman told me that it would not work on my sweden bought viewsonic ?? does anybody know anything about this ? he claimed there where diffrent video standerds .. much like NTSC vs PAL ..
    is it true at all ? sure is the first time i ever heard about it.

I think you should tell this salesman that he should be getting another job. Because he clearly doesn't have a clue what he's saying.

There is NO such thing as different standards. SVGA is SVGA no matter where in the world you are.

Go and buy that card and it will work without any problems.

Mole reply the main text, but this is for the subject line. The salesman is sort of right depending what you want to do/what card you buy. Since if you buy for example the Marvel G200 the TV tuner in that is only NTSC therefore that part will not work on it. But the Mystic tv-out support both NTSC and PAL so that will work in Europe. The Marvel will still work in Europe just not the Turner part. So like the other person said he should look for an other job!!

Replying to my own question
    I _finaly_ got an answer from viewsonic (i have a viewsonic screen) they agreed there is no diff at all .. thanks for helping me out folks !!

Thread Information