Powerbook G4 HD Compatibility
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Powerbook G4 HD Compatibility

Powerbook G4 HD Compatibility

Hello!

I own a Titanium Powerbook G4 (DVI), running at 867 Mhz and purchased in 2003.

I would like to replace the current 40 GB hard drive with a higher capacity one. The one I have been considering is the Fujitsu MHU2100AT 100 GB drive.

Does anyone know if these drives are compatible with my laptop?
    I have already tried both Apple (which doesn't answer technical questions directly) and Fujitsu (who told me to ask Apple ). I don't have the slightest idea and would not want to make an unnecessary purchase.

Thank you for your time!

Maximo

I have already tried both Apple (which doesn't answer technical questions directly)
    A Mac user at work proudly gloats that Mac users can just use their computers without a lot of extra effort. If this was a PC laptop I could give you an answer quickly.
    In pc's there are some bios limits in older units, and one of them is about 30 to 40G. But drive manufacturers also supply drive overlay software (not the best solution) to get past those limits for pc's.
    If you don't get an answer here (very few Mac users) I would suggest a forum dedicated to Macs, or ask another laptop drive manufacturer, mentioning that Apple won't respond. Samsung, Seagate, Toshiba and Hitachi also make laptop drives. The Samsung Spinpoint 40G 8Mb cache 5400 rpm drive is reputed to be fairly quiet and fast and is also a very good deal here in Vancouver. Don't know about the 100G models.
    Last edited by DanceMan; October 31st, 2004 at 01:28 AM.

Thread Information