best AGP for under $100
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: best AGP for under $100

Hybrid View

best AGP for under $100

i'm planning on getting a tyan 1590-s m/b with the via mvp3 chipset and an AMD K6-2 350mhz cpu...what AGP card is best for me under $100?

Well, the Intel I740 is a nice low budget card with both 2D/3D card.

I just recently bought a Guillemot MaxiGamer Phoenix at Best Buy for $110, and a $20 mail-in rebate brings it down to $90. So far, I'm VERY pleased with this card.

Chanse Guest
    I would shop around for a good priced TnT or Banshee. I would avoid an i740. It's a low priced card, but just too slow. YOu can get a banshee or tnt for as low as 90.00 to 100.00 if you spend the time to shop around.

at first i was thinking about the STB Velocity 128zx with 8MB of SGRAM and the NVidia Riva zx chip...tell me what you think about this...

TNT CARDS DO NOT WORK WELL IN K6-2 SYSTEMS YET. GET THE ATI EXPERT@PLAY CARD (AGP) & A 8MB VOODOO2 CARD
    Why I keep on giving you all this "Good A... Advice"!!!!!

Chanse Guest
    If you really want the best card for under 100.00. Compusa has the Velocity 128ZX 8Mb for 99.95. It is clean, fast , and works. It will be better than a i740. And ATI is just crap.

CollegeGuy Guest
    The Savage3D based Hercules Terminator Beast would be a solid choice. The Beast has the best of both worlds, performance and image quality. Also, I haven't heard of too many compatibility problems with Socket 7 motherboards. Take a look at www.pricewatch.com or www.killerapp.com to find the lowest price of this card, or any for that matter.

Thread Information