Banshee problems/queries
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Banshee problems/queries

Hybrid View

Banshee problems/queries

I've recently purchased a 16MB Creative labs Banshee, which is seriously nice piece of kit by the way, however I have hd some compatability problems with certain games particularly ones which use OpenGL e.g. Quake2, Sin or just Glide e.g. Grand Theft Auto 3dfx. Are these just teething problems asociated with a new card or are there patches/drivers I can get specific to the Banshee which solve these problems?
    Also is the Banshee true Voodoo 2 and if not does anyone see any real problems with compatability and/or performance in the future>

Chanse Guest
    It is a true voodoo2, just with only one texture processor. SO it should run anything that a voodoo2 runs, some things much slower, but it should run it all.

Well the Voodoo Rush was also supposed to be a true Voodoo. I bought one and have had all kinds of problems (most games needed some kind of patch). Let's just hope that the Banshee doesn't turn out to be Voodoo Rush II.

Chanse Guest
    THe voodoo rush was billed as a voodoo1 , but was actually a different architecture, with reallt crappy alliance 2d add-on. Unless 3dfx is outright lying to everyone. The banshee is a voodoo2 with 1 texture processor yanked off to keep the price down(and of course, to make everyone still want SLI voodoo2)

I have a Banshee and have found patches for part of your problem at http:/www.ctlsg.creaf.com/support/drivers/
    The 3Dfx site at www.3dfx.com also has information relevant to your problems and can point you in the direction of patches and new drivers.Good Luck.

Thread Information