Need Help!!! what video card should I get?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Need Help!!! what video card should I get?

Need Help!!! what video card should I get?

I have just upgraded to a 333 celeron, 64megs of PC-100, Monster 3DII 8mb. I have an old Stealth S3-virge 2mb card. Can anybody give me advise on which AGP video card I should get that is under 100 dollars.

you can spend 14 more dollars and get a TnT card that you will enjoy a whole lot more. The Creative Blaster TnT is 114.00 (oem version)and a TnT is worth every penny.

Since you are looking to spend less, and have a good 3d card, you have alot of choices. All you really need is a good 2d video card. If you live in the states, good choices would be the 8mb matrox g-100 productiva cards (as long as you are not using a p2l97 asus board), anything with the intel i740 chipset w/8mb, any riva 128zx based 8mb card, and any ati rage pro cards w/8mb. Most of these cards do not have great 3d, but have excellent 2d with high resolutions and color support. If you live in canada, less than 100 will not get alot. A riva 128zx is out of the question. The matrox g-100 is over 100. Good choices then would be a generic i740 based 8mb agp card. Also the ait xpert 98 8mb agp card has just droped in prices below 100 with a mail in rebate (i cannot remember what the rebate amount was).
    Sometimes I wonder...

Thread Information