Using 2 Video Cards. Can anybody HELP ME?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Using 2 Video Cards. Can anybody HELP ME?

Hybrid View

Using 2 Video Cards. Can anybody HELP ME?

I'm running win98
    My question is:
    Is it possible to use multiple video cards. for example, right now I'm using an SIS AGP Card, will it be possible to install a PCI TV tuner card and then be able to watch TV?
    -Will I be able to use them both simultaneusly or If I can't, will I be able to switch which card I want my computer to run at anytime I want?
    CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH THIS PLEASE. I'LL APPRECIATE YOUR COMMENTS.

Chanse Guest
    With Win98, you are supposed to be able to run ANY two video cards. But I've found it to be kind of misleading. what kind of card is the SIS? The tv tuner card should wor kjust fien, though.

It all depends what type of TV Tuner are you planning to buy. Visit the Hardware Manufacturer of TVTuner and look for compatibility issues.
    Good Luck!

Windows 98 only officially supports a few different types of video cards for use as a secondary display mainly ATI and S3 cards (eegads the garbage). It definitely DOESN'T support the Matrox Millennium. . .but if it recognizes your SIS you should have no problem and your TV should work just fine. If you check the Win 98 help file on the start menu and search for "multiple monitors" it will tell you the supported cards. Good luck, it is a cool feature, but it will decrease your overall system performance to an extent.

Thread Information