HELP NEED NEW 3D Card!!!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: HELP NEED NEW 3D Card!!!

Hybrid View

Chays Guest

HELP NEED NEW 3D Card!!!

I am going to be building a P2 400 and I am sadly lacking in information about 3D video cards. I need screamin' graphics for games and also AutoCad 14 compatibility...Please Help with Cards! Price is no object!

you definitely need a 3dfx card if you want something for games. A voodoo 2 such as a diamond monster II, Creative voodoo II, canopus, etc.... But if you are looking for a really nice 2d and 3d combo, I would look at those new Matrox mystique G200 cards. They look pretty nice, especially with 16 MB or memory on those puppies! There are also cards that have great 2d with the 3dfx included but I haven't heard great things about those cards. Good luck!

you definitely need a 3dfx card if you want something for games. A voodoo 2 such as a diamond monster II, Creative voodoo II, canopus, etc.... But if you are looking for a really nice 2d and 3d combo, I would look at those new Matrox mystique G200 cards. They look pretty nice, especially with 16 MB or memory on those puppies! There are also cards that have great 2d with the 3dfx included but I haven't heard great things about those cards. Good luck!

a TNT, and a Quantum3D X-24 PCI V2 SLI Card. Sli on one card....Have fun
    This is a sick setup
    Enjoy
    Esq.

Just incase you didn't know...the card the last guy was talking about, the Obsidian 24, is a several hundred dollar 24 meg card that rocks. And "SLI" is "Scan line interface" which is the process of running two 3d cards at once for increased performance. As far as the Obsidian 24, I'm not sure if you'd need a 2D card to go with it or not... if so, get the G200 the first guy was talking about. Just make sure your motherboard supports 2x AGP. Which I guess it would if you're going to run a 400 mhz processor. Anyway... :/

Just incase you didn't know...the card the last guy was talking about, the Obsidian 24, is a several hundred dollar 24 meg card that rocks. And "SLI" is "Scan line interface" which is the process of running two 3d cards at once for increased performance. As far as the Obsidian 24, I'm not sure if you'd need a 2D card to go with it or not... if so, get the G200 the first guy was talking about. Just make sure your motherboard supports 2x AGP. Which I guess it would if you're going to run a 400 mhz processor. Anyway... :/

Chanse Guest
    Obsidian X-24 and a Canopus Spectra2500 would be the be all end all of everything.
    The obsidian would pump the most, (actually more than needed) the Spectra with riva TnT pushes more than enough and can hold its own with any voodoo2(may not be faster, but let us not forget, anything over 24Fps is irrelevant. Plus TNT will push higher resolutions than aany voodoo2, and at trhe higher re, the TnT actually closes the gap even on a SLI solution like X-24.
    Matrox is great, but for slightly more, you get a much faster card. If you tend to buy often a Obsidian X-24 ids overkill, It's so fast you don't eve ntruly utilize it, and by the time you do , there will be something faster. If you are a realistic person, the X-16 is more than enough, Same card but 16 Mb instead of 24.

Thread Information