Lines on screen in web pages?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Lines on screen in web pages?

Question Lines on screen in web pages?

I have a problem with lines that appear on my screen(see attached jpeg). The problem seems to occur around icons and text on my desktop and in web pages when the page is scrolled. I had this same problem some time ago and then reinstalled Windows XP Pro to get rid of the problem. It has now recurred after a period when I left my computer on for extended periods. (24-48hrs at a time) The lines occur even after resetting my computer.

I suspect the problem may have something to do with IE6 and/or possibly my graphics card (ATI Radeon 9000 Pro). Otherwise my system is as follows:

MSI K7N2 Delta Mobo
    Athlon XP 1700 (@1.09GHz)
    512MB RAM
    2x120GB HDD (1 on Parallel ATA the other on SATA)
    2xDVD/CD Drives
    1x3.5" FDD
    400w PSU

Has anyone else had a similar problem and found a solution?

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Try uninstalling the drivers for the card and reinstalling them.

It looks like the memory on the card has a issue.

Are you overclocking the card?

If not then it might be heat. Try and open the case and see if it gets any better.

Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV

E6750 Core 2 Duo, 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800, GB P35C-DS3R MB, ATI Radeon X1950XT, Seagate 7200.9 320GB, Win XP Pro SP2, Enermax Liberty 500w

HWC Folding@Home Team -- Learn How to Join the Team Here ---Detailed Stats

Tried installing new driver, downloaded today, over old one. No joy.
    Tried opening case. Nothing yet but will see how it goes.
    Tried uninstalling new driver installed above. Result! However, a graphics card with no driver installed is not particularly ideal! Upon reinstalling the new driver downloaded today problem returns. Sometimes get these artifacts around mouse pointer, in start menu and in windows explorer windows too.
    Will see if I get anywhere with checking BIOS settings, card seating etc when I can. Although none of these should have changed.
    If all else fails I may reinstall XP... again! Seemed to do the trick the last time.

well reinstalling windows XP would work id say, but im not sure if artifacts from dodgey memory or too far overclocking shows up on screenshots, so it might not be that, but im not sure
    Shuttle System l Intel Core2Extreme l 8GB Ram l 64GB OCZ SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64
    IBM ThinkPad T60 l 2GHz Core2Duo l 4GB Ram l 60GB Kingston SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64

Thread Information