Thread: Unreal Tornament 2004 - whats up with the price

Hybrid View

Unreal Tornament 2004 - whats up with the price

OK why does UT2004 cost 40$ - 10$ mail in rebate = 30$ in US

and 45 Euros = 55$ in EU

Whats up with that

US price LINK

EU price LINK

mind you both prices are from Amazon and I just don understand how can they get away with it, especially as, unlike with books I buy regularly, I am not allowed to buy this game from US site (it says this particular item can not be shipped to your location)

BTW smells a lot like the the stuff VW was pulling and ended up in the court for it, of course tht was internal EU matter, but anyway
    Last edited by F_A_L_C_O_N; March 10th, 2004 at 08:33 AM.

Yeah i agree, its pretty messed up but play.com have a pre-order price of 17.99 for cd or dvd version so thats pretty cool. Another thing that gets me is that the US ppl can pre-order the special edition for the same price as the normal edition, why cant we

thats a good price, unfortunately Slovenia isnt on the list of countries they ship to, however I could order one if I were residing in Vatican, LOL

Ill do some more searching, should be able to find another site with similar pre-order price then

I could order one if I were residing in Vatican, LOL

I wonder if the pope has ordered his copy yet? Actually i think he's holding out for Doom3.

Originally posted by phenix
    I wonder if the pope has ordered his copy yet? Actually i think he's holding out for Doom3.
    Exactly much clearer good against evil confrontation there

If you are in the US you can get UT2004 special DVD edition for 29.99 at Best Buy, no rebates. Call ahead of time because they have been selling out.
    If no questions are asked, no answers can be given.

Heatware

Originally posted by deldd
    If you are in the US you can get UT2004 special DVD edition for 29.99 at Best Buy, no rebates. Call ahead of time because they have been selling out.
    The bastards were sold out in my area. I called 20mins after they opened to see if it was in stock. 20 f$#kin' minutes! The game was supposed to go on sale today. I find it hard to believe they sold out in 20mins. They must've started selling it early. I'm not paying $50 for a 6 CD version with no headset. And you can't order the $29.99 DVD version at their website either. Just call me Blackbeard- where's my parrot.
    My Guitar Hero 2 Xbox Live Ranking
    Main Rig (click this link for specs)
    Certified in: Nothing at all!
    Certifiable: 100% hands-on, real-world experience

Or didnt have any to begin with, at least not available to the public, untill they can reset the price

I have seen this kind of hoaxes locally, especially from the French superstore Leclerc`s

I am sure they will have no problem with being out of stock with 50$ CD version and most people going there today to buy DVD version will end up with CD version

I am just wondering about Atari brand, they went under once allready, maybe this time around they should be more carefull not to alienate whats probably one of the most faithfull gaming community on the net
    Last edited by F_A_L_C_O_N; March 18th, 2004 at 01:08 PM.

They did start selling early, actually two days before the release you could pre-order a copy. I called the closest store to me, which is in Colorado (about an hour away) and they said they have copies available. If you go to the website and check store availability put in your zip code, it will tell you if the stores closest to you have it in stock.
    If no questions are asked, no answers can be given.

Heatware

I bought UT2004 for $29 at Best Buy. Best game of all time, period no exceptions to this. The 6 cdroms also include 3d renderer, Unrealed(the program used to create maps), Maya, Kat, Upaint, etc. Forsee the future, Epic kicked ***. I have played Unreal for more than 5 years for free online. Unrealed is better than $3000 programs presently being sold, it is the state of the art, steal, and to think you can buy this bundle for $30, better think about it.
    Aside: I recently bought Star Wars Knights of the old Republic, Lucasarts, 4 dvd game, poor graphics, poor game from what I saw of it and it was named game of the year for 2003.
    Last edited by evetsrim1; March 21st, 2004 at 02:50 AM.
    Technology increases at a parabolic curve upward.

I recently bought Star Wars Knights of the old Republic, Lucasarts, 4 dvd game, poor graphics, poor game from what I saw of it and it was named game of the year for 2003.
    It was the best game I played that came out in 2003, and it looked great on my system. A great story with a good twist to it.
    Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal ~Einstein

Anyone in Europe who has DVD or CD version allready

Especially interested if DVD version has allready started shiping in EU

any differnce in content between DVD and CD version?

...just curious.

Well I said I wouldn't pay more for the 6 CD version of the game and I didn't. Circuit City had it for $29.99 sans headphones, obviously. It'd only be $19.99 after the UT2003 rebate. I snagged it up. I'll start a thread about it once I get it set up and tweaked. Guess I can stop my bittorent download now. heh heh
    My Guitar Hero 2 Xbox Live Ranking
    Main Rig (click this link for specs)
    Certified in: Nothing at all!
    Certifiable: 100% hands-on, real-world experience

OK finally got it
    40$ without tax, not to bad I guess especially since the only shop carrying it at the moment was just about to run out of them , so I probably took a copy from some por schmuck, who reserved it but wasnt quick enaugh

BTW whats up with DVD version its almost become some sort of urban myth

Thread Information