Which POWER SUPPLY for AMD64bit High end System?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Which POWER SUPPLY for AMD64bit High end System?

Which POWER SUPPLY for AMD64bit High end System?

Could someone please recomend a power supply with enough power and stability to run a highend multimedia 64bit AMD system, with enough voltage and power for futre uprgades.

Is a 500 watt too much, possably leading to unstability or even damage. Ive been running a 400 for 2 years (runing older tech from back then), and can only think I would need more power with the newer tech?

Your thoughts?

Since power supplies almost never put out what's listed on the box, I would go with a trustworthy brand. 400 hundred should be good, depending on the other components you are using and the components you wish to use in the future. If you a re looking for highend I would go with antec or enermax, they seem to have a higher efficiency rating. I've read some articles that said PC POWER AND COOLING INC make the best ones, but they are expensive. I have an antec 430 true power.
    If no questions are asked, no answers can be given.

Heatware

Thanx deldd,

I think I,ll go with a Well known brand name 480watt power supply. Thermatake cases look good and there power supplys seem pretty good (I,m yet to review)

Yea Antec keep popping up as a good one to go with. I,m off to check out that link you put in now. From what I have read, it seems wiser to spend a little extra on a good brand, and I feel confident with a 480w power supply.

Thanx again

Thread Information