Which Printer????
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Which Printer????

Which Printer????

I need to buy a large format inkjet printer that'll print at least 11x17 or larger and I've come accross two printers that are both in the 500$ price range -the hp deskjet 9670 and the epson 1280. While I've read great reviews on the epson they don't make a double sided paper except for an 8-1/2 x 11 matte paper while HP makes a 11 x 17 double sided paper which I could really use. Ive looked for reviews on both printers and found very few and I'm totally confused about now and if there are any graphic designers or just anyone with some advice I'd really appreciate it very much-thank you
    Giga-Byte 8a-ginxp board
    2.66 ghz P4
    Ati Radeon 9700 all in wonder video
    Soundblaster Audigy 2 EX
    Romtec trios harddrive selector
    2 60gb seagate 7200 drives
    1 80gb seagate 7200 drive

could you use the hp paper in the epson printer or is it specially responsive to particular inks in the hp printer?
    trout are freshwater fish and have underwater weapons
    trout are very valuable and immensely powerful
    keep away from the trout

Well I tried using the double sided HP paper in my small epson and the rollars on top of the paper left little thin white lines -after calling epson they informed me that I had to use epson paper and that all they offered in double sided paper was an 8 1/2 x 11 matte paper. The epson uses pigments or dyes while the HP uses a thermal process where it heats up the dye so it applies differently. I don't know how the HP paper will work with the large epson printer because it uses a dye while my small one uses pigment -so im really kind of stuck here. I'd say that if only HP sells the paper I need then I should get the HP but I've reaad such good reviews on the epson and can only find one review on the HP which is ok but someone I know bought the HP and while passing in the hall she said it was a piece of junk-ugh
    Giga-Byte 8a-ginxp board
    2.66 ghz P4
    Ati Radeon 9700 all in wonder video
    Soundblaster Audigy 2 EX
    Romtec trios harddrive selector
    2 60gb seagate 7200 drives
    1 80gb seagate 7200 drive

Thread Information