Hard drive cage
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Hard drive cage

Hard drive cage

Does anyone know where I can get a hard drive cage that I can mount on the bottom of my case behind the front fan? My case is pretty full with two optical drives, two hard drives, a card reader and FDD. Anyway I would like to move the hard drives closer to a fan. If I can't buy one a cage somewhere I guess I could try to build one or rip one out of an older case.
    P4 2.4B GHz
    Crucial 1GB PC2700 RAM
    Aopen AX4GE Max mobo
    160GB Seagate Barracuda
    200GB Seagate Barracuda
    48x16x48x LiteOn CDRW
    NEC 1100A DVD+R/+RW
    ATI 9600 Video Card
    Haupauge PVR 250
    Envision 7100E 17" LCD

Re: Hard drive cage

Originally posted by bmmiller
    Does anyone know where I can get a hard drive cage that I can mount on the bottom of my case behind the front fan? My case is pretty full with two optical drives, two hard drives, a card reader and FDD. Anyway I would like to move the hard drives closer to a fan. If I can't buy one a cage somewhere I guess I could try to build one or rip one out of an older case.
    Don't know what case you have but why can't you just put the fan in front of the drives? Even if you had to use cable ties or zip ties to rig it up, it would be a much easier alternative than placing an unanchored hard drive cage in the bottom of your case. Do you have anything that resembles ventilation holes in front of your hard drives?
    Opteron 165 @ 280x9 = 2.52GHz
    ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
    BFG 7600GT OC
    Corsair 2GB DDR400 Dual Channel
    Seagate Barracuda 200GB SATA
    NEC 3500A 16X DL DVD±RW

Thread Information