5900 Ultra Temp?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: 5900 Ultra Temp?

5900 Ultra Temp?

I've just purchased an evga.com nvidia geforce fx 5900 ultra, and I was wondering if someone could tell me if these temperatures are good.

The GPU core temp is 47C IDLE and the highest Ive seen it during load is 77C.

I am wondering if this sounds like it may be a little to hot or is this the normal temp for this card. I haven't experienced any problems from this temp though.

That is around the same temp as my MSI GF FX 5900 Ultra 256 is running at.

Someone else here was having a similar problem like that a while ago (but I think it was even hotter). The company said it was fine, but he did not like it and RMAed it for a new one. The new one ran much cooler. He was never able to tell if it was an impropperly installed heatsink or a deffective temperature probe. It ran stable, but the temps were WAY too high.
    AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

Thread Information