help with reset bios and fingerprint
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: help with reset bios and fingerprint

Hybrid View

help with reset bios and fingerprint

hi i need help wit reset the bios and the fingerprint on my notebook fujistsu-siemens celsius mobile h

Welcome to the Forum

well im not sure about reseting the bios on a notebook but im on my T21 notebook at the moment and when i look under my battery i see on of those small round batterys that you have for resetting the bios in desktops so i think that if you find yours you should just have to pop it out for a couple of seconds and that should do it.
    Shuttle System l Intel Core2Extreme l 8GB Ram l 64GB OCZ SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64
    IBM ThinkPad T60 l 2GHz Core2Duo l 4GB Ram l 60GB Kingston SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64

just pulling the battery will not reset the bios on newer laptop. you need to either get into bios setup and reset the bios there or call the manufacturer for the master bios password (in case you forgot the password).

this was implemented a while back as an anti-theft device, so other people cannot access the laptop if you have the bios password setup.

but surely if pulling out the battery works on a desktop it will work on a laptop? their is really no difference.

if that was the case all data would be erased every time you shut down because you need a battery to keep the clock working.
    Shuttle System l Intel Core2Extreme l 8GB Ram l 64GB OCZ SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64
    IBM ThinkPad T60 l 2GHz Core2Duo l 4GB Ram l 60GB Kingston SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64

i believe that there is a capacitor somewhere to keep the cmos alive in case the battery is removed on the newer laptops. if the cmos is erased/corrupted, the bios is then reloaded from the prom chip. this will cause the bios password to be reset and then anybody can boot the laptop.

the idea is to prevent anybody from booting the laptop without the bios password (if it is set), since a laptop is more likely to be stolen/lost.

Thread Information