MicroATX Cases
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: MicroATX Cases

Hybrid View

MicroATX Cases

I've searched and i've searched but i cant seem to a very wide variety of microatx cases. The only one I have found that I seem to like is the case made by Superflower TTGI model #TT-101
    If any of you have any ideas or microatx cases you like then please by all means suggest them. Thanks

here ya go

nice one from Antec Super Lanboy

& welcome to HWC

That is not a Micro ATX case. That is just a smaller midsized tower that takes a full sized ATX motherboard. Directron has a good selection:

http://www.directron.com/cases---cas...atx-cases.html

Just be carefull they have a few standard ATX (like the Super Lanboy) and a few Flex ATX case that are even smaller than MicroATX (usually only 1-2 PCI slots and that is it). Also MicroATX cases use a differant shapped power supply and are usually only 150-250w. It might almost be worth it to get a smaller Midsized tower as they can use standard ATX and MicroATX boards and use a normal power supply. Most that ship with PS use 300+ watt ones now a days.

NewEgg has a few. Just go here and select any of the MicroATX under the size uption for searches along the left hand side:

http://www.newegg.com/app/manufactor...talog=7&DEPA=1

They look something like these:

Last edited by Todd a; February 10th, 2004 at 10:20 AM.
    AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

yup sy about that, Todd a is right the one I posted is just mini

but darn Todd those cases are just simply ugly
    not much better in the looks department, but still:

LINK

LINK

LINK

BTW when doing a search type something like:
    micro atx case review
    micro atx case beautiful , attractive and similar
    Last edited by F_A_L_C_O_N; February 10th, 2004 at 09:18 AM.

I just picted pictures to repressent the three major MicroATX formats. The mini tower with the CD mounted horizontal, the mini tower with the CD mounted vertical, and the desktop case. These last two versions are sometimes interchangable.

As for design it is really up to your tastes. There are a lot to choose from. These are just a few of them from the two sites above:

AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

For what it's worth, I've used this one with a couple of machines, and I'm not particularly impressed. It's not really bad, just not very good. I'd suggest another one.
    Athlon 64 2800+
    1xWD 1200BB, 1xMaxtor 200GB SATA
    Asus K8N-E
    2x512MB Corsair XMS3200
    Klipsch Pro Media 2.1
    Radeon 9800 Pro, Dell 1801FP - WinTV Theater
    Sony CRX320E Combo Drive, Pioneer A04
    Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro - Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical
    Win XP Pro SP2

I've actually seen a few reveiws of the Black and yellow one I show above. It is called the Hornet I think and is made by Cheming or something like that. It is supposed to be pretty good for a MicroATX case. Oh and I think that black one in the middle is actually a FlexATX case that I showed.

now that Hornet looks

would fit quite nicely behind the sit of some yellow sports convertible

Thread Information