Antec 160 Case
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Antec 160 Case

Antec 160 Case

Anybody have one of these? I am thinking about buying one, preferably witha window. I want too know what people think. I have read some of the reviews, but I was hoping for some opinions from around these parts. The case itself looks pretty damn sweet, but I want oo know what the airflow is like, accessibility to the interior, room on the inside....all that good stuff.

Any opinions would be great.

Thanks
    Adam
    Compy 1 (Brand New as of 2/7/07):
    P5N32-E SLI w/ C2D E6600 at stock (for now)
    Zalman CNPS9700 cooler
    2GB Corsair DDR2800 @ 5-5-5-15 @1.9v
    1x EVGA 8800GTX (stock)
    1 150GB Raptor+ 250GB WD Internal SATA's
    250GB WD Backup Drive
    2x Plextor DVD burners, IDE
    2x Plextor DVD burners, SATA
    Audigy2 w/ Klipsch 2.1's
    Black Silverstone TJ-07
    PC P&C 510W SLI PSU
    Dell 30" LCD

Strongbad e-mail

When you ask stuff like that you should always include links and pictures. Likely people hear have read reveiws or heard about the case and might have some input, but do not know the cases by name.

Lets see... Found it on NewEgg (pictures there are scrunched down though):

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...=BROWSE&depa=1

Here is Antec's link:

http://www.antec-inc.com/us/pro_deta...p?ProdID=81600

It is the P-160 (performance 160). I have read reveiws of this case and it is supposed to be VERY good. The inside is very clean and well laid out. It is aluminum. If you get it with a PS (430w is what I saw in some of the reveiws), Antec PS are very good too. It is cooled with 2 120mm case fans.

Here is a picture with the window from NewEgg:

Like I said NewEgg's pictures are scrunched down.

Here is a reveiw I read on the case and they have better pictures of a system built with the window, but their pictures are not linkable . The picture is at the bottom of the page. They gave it a 10 out of 10.:

http://www.ascully.com/modules.php?n...content&id=309

It looks like most places sell it without a PS as it is pretty expensive to start out with. NewEgg has it for $108 +$15 shipping without a power supply for the windowed version. For some reason the one without the window is $2 more.
    AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

Oh and my opinion. I love the inside of the case. I'd rather see a card reader instead of the floppy drive (they are dead now) and I think I'd rather have the front ports on the bottm as I keep my cases on the desktop (for better desplay) and not on the floor. The side mounted drive bays are great and so is the cooling. Mix it with 2 120mm LED fans and a cold cathode and an Antec 480w True Blue and you'd have a cool system. It also looks like it comes with 2 optical drive covers so you do not need to have drives that match the case. I also like the new latches they use.

I also love my Antec SX-630 case I bought years ago. It is a VERY ruggid case and the paint is very durable. I added a window as windows were not too common back then. I also love my Antec 480 True Blue that I got last year. It is VERY quiet and loaded with features.
    AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

I've said it before and I 'll say it again, I really love this forum. Todd, thanks for the tip on the pictures and such. Honestly, I probably couldn't have done all that linking and such, I am a little "gisted" when it comes too that sort of thing.

As for your opinion, I that is exactly what I was hoping too hear. Now all I have too do is find a place to get it. =Unfortunately, nobody is at my apartment during the day, so I have to get stuff delivered too work. I am not sure if I want too get something that big delivered there, but we'll see.

If anyone owns this case, please feel free too chime in. I may be taking my main computer out of my Lian-li case and ptting into this one. I am only nervous because I have never bought anything but Lian-Li, but from the sounds of it this case is pretty nice!
    Zalman CNPS9700 cooler
    1x EVGA 8800GTX (stock)
    250GB WD Backup Drive
    Audigy2 w/ Klipsch 2.1's
    Black Silverstone TJ-07
    PC P&C 510W SLI PSU
    Dell 30" LCD

Strongbad e-mail

Don't you have a neighbor that can get it?

I have slips for UPS and FEDex to dfeliver inside on my front porch that are already signed that they keep on record. Those instructions can include delivering to a neighbor's house. They can also just leav it on your doorstep if the nieghborhood isn't too bad.

I did have one UPS driver leave the box (a computer case) behind the house. I did not see it untill about 2 days later. I was pretty pissed off. Also you can go down to UPS and pick it up later. I think they are open to the public until at least 6:00, but I'd call them first.

the case looks great, all antec cases are great built quality and their psu's are great. as for the cooling well its aluminium and has those big fans so i think that should be no problem.

as todd said dont you have a neighbour that could sign for it mine has to do that all the time. he probably wonders what im up too all those boxes. probably thinks its drugs or somthing
    Intel Pentium Dual Core 3.2GHz l 16GB Ram l 64GB OCZ SSD l Radeon 7750 OC Edition l Windows 7 Ultimate X64
    Dell OptiPlex 745 l Intel C2D E6600 2.4GHz l 4GB Ram l 64GB OCZ SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64
    Lenovo ThinkPad T61 l C2D T7700 2.4GHz l 8GB Ram l 60GB Kingston SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64

It's not so much that the neighboorhood is bad, it's the fact that I just moved here, and I don't really trust anyone just yet. I am thinking I will get it sent too work and just take a cab home. That may be the best idea.

IU am going too newegg right now and getting the windowed version, new PSU and such...

Wish me luck!
    Zalman CNPS9700 cooler
    1x EVGA 8800GTX (stock)
    250GB WD Backup Drive
    Audigy2 w/ Klipsch 2.1's
    Black Silverstone TJ-07
    PC P&C 510W SLI PSU
    Dell 30" LCD

Strongbad e-mail

NewEgg is the best. They have never screwed up my orders after dozens of orders and several thousands of dollars and their RMA is about the best (used it 3 times without a hitch). Their prices are pretty good and they are FAST. You just can't go wrong. I just wish they carried that case with a PS as it saves you about $20-30 if the PS is bundled with the case.

Well, placed a $300 order with them. Got a 480W Antec PSU, the Windowed Case, 2 mice and 2 keyboards, and because I am so impatient I had to get sent 2nd Day'd. SO GREEDY!
    Zalman CNPS9700 cooler
    1x EVGA 8800GTX (stock)
    250GB WD Backup Drive
    Audigy2 w/ Klipsch 2.1's
    Black Silverstone TJ-07
    PC P&C 510W SLI PSU
    Dell 30" LCD

Strongbad e-mail

Well, I bought the windowed version of the case and it arrived at work today. Needless too say, I couldn't buy just the case. So I also bought An Antec 480Watt TruBlue PSU and 2 mice and 2 keyboards. And of course I couldn't WAIT for any of this so I had it all 2nd Day shipped. SO IMPATIENT!

BUy back too the point. The case looks awesome. I can't wait oo transfer my current machine into it witht he new PSU and such. I hope my temperatures go down a little. I will try too remeber to report any good size changes in temperature with the case. Should look pretty sweet with my other LED fans I have now.
    Zalman CNPS9700 cooler
    1x EVGA 8800GTX (stock)
    250GB WD Backup Drive
    Audigy2 w/ Klipsch 2.1's
    Black Silverstone TJ-07
    PC P&C 510W SLI PSU
    Dell 30" LCD

Strongbad e-mail

nice, good luck swapping the components and hopefully you should get some temp drops.

their seems to be a lot of good reviews and comments about new ogg over their but we dont have it over here so Ebuyer is my number one. does any of you americans use ebuyer US? EBUYER US
    Intel Pentium Dual Core 3.2GHz l 16GB Ram l 64GB OCZ SSD l Radeon 7750 OC Edition l Windows 7 Ultimate X64
    Dell OptiPlex 745 l Intel C2D E6600 2.4GHz l 4GB Ram l 64GB OCZ SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64
    Lenovo ThinkPad T61 l C2D T7700 2.4GHz l 8GB Ram l 60GB Kingston SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64

Never even heard of them. Their site looks pretty good and their prices seem good too. They had a Super Lanboy for $80.89 and they only want $7.53 for shipping with a 350w Smart Blue (not the True Power, but the older True Power). NewEgg has it for $84 +$15 shipping. EBuyer has a pretty good price there. A few other checks put the ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128 at $10 cheaper shipped, but the XFX GeForce FX 5700Ultra was $about $40 more shipped.

A quick check on Reseller Rating shows it to have a 7.30, which is pretty good:

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1463.html

The only thing is they had only been rated 75 times. The returns and replacements were a mixed bag with a few bad reports for those areas.

Most reveiws were pretty good, but a few stuck out like:

purchased 2 computer cases from this seller. They both showed up damaged. I have contacted the seller and they never answered. Don't buy from them unless you don't mind a 20% restocking fee.
    and
    Be sure to check shipping cost before wasting your time with this vendor. They charge shipping for each item, so 12 inkjet cartridges weighing 1.2 lbs cost $57 for UPS shipping.
    A few were pretty nasty. A common one seemed to be screwed up orders were they take an order that lists an item in stock , then send you an e-mail a few days later saying it is out of stock, but the site still shows them in stock. Complaints seem to be ignored. Another thing is orders must be cancelled within 5 minutes. NewEgg gives you 30 minutes. Most did say the shipped very fast and had good prices. The support stuff is what worries me.

Now NewEgg has 5900 reveiws (a bit more than 75 I'd say... infact they average about 230 reveiws a month ) and they have an AMAZING rating of 9.84 found here:

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller2121.html

And things like this are what make NewEgg shine:

As usual Newegg comes through!Bought a fx5900,pictures showed it came with call of duty,manufacture dropped the promotion,but Newegg honored their mistake and shipped me Call of Duty as a seperate package.As many people have already said...Newegg Rocks!!!
    and
    I recently had bought a bunch of wireless equipment through you, one of which was a router. That router unfortunately died the day I got it, through no fault of NewEgg. It was some firmware upgrade problem that rendered the router non-functional even though all steps were performed properly.

In any event, I was upset about the whole ordeal and the fact that I needed a replacement quick, and desperately emailed the service@newegg.com email address. I then, after about 2 hours, received email from a Customer Service representative (CS rep) helping me out with the RMA process, getting a quick replacement, getting my extended warranty transferred to a new purchase, and ensuring that I am taken care of better than a million-dollar customer at any outfit I have ever dealt with.
    The CS rep and I emailed back and forth 4-5 times to get everything set up, and all this happened within 1 hour! My RMA has since cleared and I got refunded as promised, I got a new router which works beautifully, and I am very, very happy I bought at Newegg. Talk about turnaround time! One week from dead equipment to replacement and refund!

I really was totally floored to get this kind of service. No hassle, very quick, very professional. That was premium service for a small customer (I don't really buy that much equipment) who had a big problem. I am very thankful for this, and I have simply stopped looking at other web stores. I know your prices are very competitive already, and the service is something nobody else even comes close to. I have my coworkers and family buy through NewEgg.com exclusively, just to make sure they have a fallback when there's trouble.
    Even a pissed off person was supprized as his reveiw read:

Newegg contacted me and has attempted to resolve my problem. Totally unexpected, and very very impressive. Definately the best online company.

So review updated. Go newegg
    And cosidering NewEgg is a huge company I was even supprised to see this:

You snooze, you lose? ...at Newegg, not necessarily. Last week they had a tremendous offer on a Lian Li case...between the time I saw it and the time I placed the order the price had increased 15% to a simply "excellent" offer status. I sent an email asking if they had a price adjustment policy for particularly whiny, heartbroken customers and received a very prompt reply from Mike in Customer Service saying they might...and they did. I have been placing periodic small orders with these folks for 3 years, and they continue to impress. Success has not gone to their heads regarding either price or service...these guys rock!
    The reveiws keep going on:

I ordered two Celeron 2.0GB CPUs and, when I checked the order status two days later, was surprised they had not shipped. NewEgg has consistently been very speedy at processing and shipping orders but since I didn't need the CPUs right away, wasn't concerned. When I did get a shipping confirmation I noticed they had bumped the shipping to " FedEx overnight" to meet the predicted arrival date. That's the first time that's happened from any vendor I've done business with in the last ten years.

But that's the way ALL online business should be run!
    I have a hard time steering away from them to save a few dollars. They have always shipped quickly to me (ordered about $5000 in parts over the last few years). I have had to use their RMA 3 times and they never queastion them. The only other places I could ever say that about was Buy.com years ago befor they got too big for themselves and got bought out. I ordered the wrong part accidently and they actually sent a UPS truck to my house to pick it up and paid for the shipping to return it. Man you don't get that anymore. Crucial was also good. Theit tech support (a 1-800 number too) was very good and they imediatly RMAed a stick of memory that only post half the amount. The RMA was very fast. I do perchase a lot of my lighting a case mod stuff from BestByte.com as their prices are insane and they have not done me wrong out of the 6 or so orders I've done through them. I also ordered a laptop through BestBuy.com and was very happy (their rebate forms were easier to deal with than expected and got my $200 in rebates back in about a month). The cool thing is I can have it serviced under warrenty at my local BestBuy even though they never carried that model and I didn't buy it from their store. Kind of cool.

Well I think I got my point across. EBuyer looks OK, but I can't take a risk on a $400 perchase to save $10 and turn out going through hoops trying to get it replaced if it turns out bad or paying a 20% restocking fee when I give up and just return it.

Thread Information