WooHoo! Baldur's Gate finished!
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: WooHoo! Baldur's Gate finished!

Hybrid View

WooHoo! Baldur's Gate finished!

Okay, I know it's an older game, and I've had it since I was a sophomore in highschool (1998-99ish) but I always wiped my hard drive for some reason or another (usually due to a windows crash) before I could finish the game.

Well, after about 3 months of off and on playing, I've completed Baldur's Gat 1 with TOSC, and I did a HELL OF A LOT of the subquests too.

I recently decided to beat all of my games of that Genre that I own, so under my beld I now have completed:

Icewind Dale
    Icewind Dale HOW
    Icewind Dale II
    Baldur's Gate
    Baldur's Gate TOSC

One's I own that I have yet to complete:
    Baldur's Gate II
    Baldur's Gate II TOB
    Neverwinter Nights
    (and in a slightly different style) Morrowind

I miss games like this! I was just stoked that I finally got through that 5 disc behemoth!
    Woohoo, 14th person to solve the 4D rubik's cube...ever! http://www.superliminal.com/cube/cube.htm

Watch me solve a regular cube in 24.2 seconds at www.rubiks.dk videolist, Daniel Hayes!

Im in the same boat as you...ive had Baulders Gate since its release and never finished it. Still havent... I had Icewind Dale and never finished that either... I guess i just dont have the time anymore....

Icewind Dale Goes pretty quick, I finished it in about 5 days or so of modest playing.

I have a light class schedule this semester, so I decided it's time to take up the slack with a little gaming. I haven't gamed hardly at all in the past 2-3 years or so, a little tired of the FPS genre... though farcry looks worthy of note, and HL2 should be good if it has half the immersion of HL1.

Fun games though, since I can't find anyone (nor do I really now how) to actually play ADnD with, it's the next best thing!
    Woohoo, 14th person to solve the 4D rubik's cube...ever! http://www.superliminal.com/cube/cube.htm

Watch me solve a regular cube in 24.2 seconds at www.rubiks.dk videolist, Daniel Hayes!

well done in completeing the games!
    Shuttle System l Intel Core2Extreme l 8GB Ram l 64GB OCZ SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64
    IBM ThinkPad T60 l 2GHz Core2Duo l 4GB Ram l 60GB Kingston SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64

howd you beat icewind dale so fast? me and my friends lan with that game for atleast 20 hours and didnt beat it

Get stuck into Morrowind, and go play with the guilds instead of ploughing through Caius' main quest series. That's kept me busy since before Christmas. And I've still got the two expansions to go.
    Safe computing is a habit, not a toolkit.

With Icewind Dale, I actually think that was the second time I had played beat it that I did so in about a week, so I knew most of what to do and didn't bother with quite a few of the subquests. (Especially in Durlag's Tower). But the first time I played it, it took considerably longer, I probably played it quite a bit over the course of 3 weeks to a month before beating it.

I'll take your advice on Morrowind, I definately like the whole non-linear ability of the game. That's its biggest appeal to me. I'm just not too crazy about the interface though.

You'll get used to the interface. Only change I made to the controls was to swap right button (which becomes 'use') and Space (which becomes the inventory menus). That was a sanity-saving change though IMO. Apart from that the default controls are pretty decently layed out.
    Safe computing is a habit, not a toolkit.

Thread Information