WTF Cant install C.O.D
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: WTF Cant install C.O.D

WTF Cant install C.O.D

Hi all and Help!
    Have been trying to install Call of Duty and keep getting this error"An I/O error occurred while installing a file.This is normally caused by bad installation media or corrupt installation file"
    I put the disk into my other computer and it fires up straight away with no errors.I have just done a clean install ,so there should be no conflicts with other software.Any other software works fine in the cd rom.Details of my system are as follow:
    Gigabyte GA-7N400-L1
    AMD XP 2500
    512 PC2700
    Winfast A170 graphic(absolute crab)
    Win XP ,SP1,onboard sound,onboard lan.....ect

Have gone to Gigabytes page and got the latest drivers but didn't make any difference.Could someone please point me in the direction of a fix for this problem because i have no idea and it really is starting to piss me off.

Thanks in advance.

What is a Winfast A170??

EDIT: Oh, it's a renamed GF4 MX...

It may have something to do with your CD-ROM. I've been having a hell of a time trying to install Win98 on my computer because the 24x CD-ROM can't find some files. Works fine on my main rig...
    Last edited by SaulTurnedPaul; January 29th, 2004 at 09:07 PM.
    Opteron 165 @ 280x9 = 2.52GHz
    ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
    BFG 7600GT OC
    Corsair 2GB DDR400 Dual Channel
    Seagate Barracuda 200GB SATA
    NEC 3500A 16X DL DVD±RW

Nah..dont worry about it,i took the mobo out and smashed the **** out it.Had 1 too many re-installs,driver rollbacks ect.If thats the best Nvida can come up with they can get ****ed!

.........and yes! i feel much better.
    Last edited by Moatmonster; January 30th, 2004 at 01:28 AM.

haha, glad you solved your problem there, a little unconventional but hell, it works

Originally posted by Moatmonster
    Nah..dont worry about it,i took the mobo out and smashed the **** out it.Had 1 too many re-installs,driver rollbacks ect.If thats the best Nvida can come up with they can get ****ed!

.........and yes! i feel much better.
    I don't feel that this is the right place for profanity but maybe that's just my opinion.
    CPU: Athlon X2 7850 Blackbox edition o/c'd to 3400mhz
    Motherboard: Asus M2N68-AM SE2
    Memory: 4gb Kingston KVR RAM
    Video: BFG Geforce gtx 260 oc v2
    Hard Drives: 1TB Barracuda 7200.12, 500GB WD, 320GB WD, 320GB WD 250GB WD, 250GB Seagate
    Case: APEVIA X-CRUISER-BK Black Steel case
    Power Supply: OCZ 700W StealthXStream Power Supply
    Optical: 22x LG DVD R/W

Since the mobo is dead I'll have to say this posthumously

I reckon that error was a RAM timing / overclocked mobo instability / dodgy mobo issue. It has nothing to do with the CD-Rom etc

I had the same problem on my old KT7 board. It just would not install certain programs (particularly WinXP) unless a I had absolutely bare minimum configuaton - ie 1 dimm, nothing overclocked, default everything in BIOS etc etc. Temperamental mobotherboard if you ask me - didn't like working at anything other than the lowest / default BIOS/FSB/memory settings.
    Athlon XP 3200+, TT Silent Boost (its rubbish as well as loud) Gigabyte nForce2 mobo (stable but lacks tweaking options), GF4 Ti4200 128mb, Lian-Li V2000

Thread Information