Hey wrathchild, you see your radeon 9500pro lately.
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Hey wrathchild, you see your radeon 9500pro lately.

ol' man is offline workin fingas to the bone

Hey wrathchild, you see your radeon 9500pro lately.

It came in yesterday. I was busy making the HS's for it though so the vmod I did was only for a little bit. Did 400MHz on the gpu @ ~1.7v. Does 370+ MHz on default with my monstor PIV HS. I ha to do a little surgery and now one of the caps is on the back side. Now I still have room for some decent ram sinks.

I'm just glad you didn't have any probs when you fired it up. I always worry irrationally when I send something mechanical to someone or I'm receiving something mechanical that the shipper kicked the box around and damaged the stuff inside. I haven't had that problem ever, but it's a deep-seated fear. I guess I've seen that chocolate milk commercial (where the kid ships himself his milk because he knows it will get kicked around and shaken) too many times. I hevn't checked my mailbox today, but hopefully your stuff arrives.
    My Guitar Hero 2 Xbox Live Ranking
    Main Rig (click this link for specs)
    Certified in: Nothing at all!
    Certifiable: 100% hands-on, real-world experience

Originally posted by wrathchild_67
    I'm just glad you didn't have any probs when you fired it up. I always worry irrationally when I send something mechanical to someone or I'm receiving something mechanical that the shipper kicked the box around and damaged the stuff inside. I haven't had that problem ever, but it's a deep-seated fear. I guess I've seen that chocolate milk commercial (where the kid ships himself his milk because he knows it will get kicked around and shaken) too many times. I hevn't checked my mailbox today, but hopefully your stuff arrives.
    Well I got 16721 in 3dmark @ 410/300. Not bad for a rad9500pro. I did the vmod @ 1.79v to hit 410MHz?

I'd be surprised if you got anymore from the core than that. I pretty much hit a wall at 400MHz, which is undoubtedly due to heat. You'd need phase change or chilledc water to go higher. Upping the vcore is asking for trouble though, hence the need for better cooling.
    My Guitar Hero 2 Xbox Live Ranking
    Main Rig (click this link for specs)
    Certified in: Nothing at all!
    Certifiable: 100% hands-on, real-world experience

Originally posted by wrathchild_67
    I'd be surprised if you got anymore from the core than that. I pretty much hit a wall at 400MHz, which is undoubtedly due to heat. You'd need phase change or chilledc water to go higher. Upping the vcore is asking for trouble though, hence the need for better cooling.
    I ran nature at 420MHz but then when I went to run the whole bench it crashed.

I am pleased to run it at 400MHz. 130 extra MHz from default? Can't ***** about that.

Thread Information