Mouse with no clicks
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Mouse with no clicks

Mouse with no clicks

ANyone ever wished their mouse didnt have the clicking sound in the buttons? i was wondering if they made noiseless switches i could swap them out with....... I dunno it just gets annoying to me hearing 'clik' 'clik' 'clik' all the time.

I have the Logitech wireless and I don't hear any clicks when I click it but then I don't hear my wife when she is hollaring at me either.
    Patience is a virtue.

I am a well qualified amature at best. Of the many jobs I have held in my life, this is but the best.

Re: Mouse with no clicks

Originally posted by krupted
    ANyone ever wished their mouse didnt have the clicking sound in the buttons? i was wondering if they made noiseless switches i could swap them out with....... I dunno it just gets annoying to me hearing 'clik' 'clik' 'clik' all the time.
    It really bothers you that much?

You could probably take the thing apart and place some rubber around the switching apparatus, but since the clicking sound is inherent with the way the switch underneath the button works I don't think it would function very well. I have an old Intellimouse USB Optical that is the most silent mouse I have ever used, it barely makes any noise.

I guess I just like the clicking sound. It's for the same reason I like the sound of a good clicking keyboard. It makes you know for sure when you have actually hit a key or a button. And for the keyboard it sure makes you sound fast when you can type 80wpm!
    Last edited by SaulTurnedPaul; January 18th, 2004 at 05:53 AM.
    Opteron 165 @ 280x9 = 2.52GHz
    ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
    BFG 7600GT OC
    Corsair 2GB DDR400 Dual Channel
    Seagate Barracuda 200GB SATA
    NEC 3500A 16X DL DVD±RW

yeah i know its the actual buttons that make the noise..... and yeah for some reason it is bothering me, im just real sick of it. if i feel the click and not hear it i think that would be sweet. I dunno sometimes when talking to a girl on the phone that wont get off once and a while ill get that "are you on the computer?" and im like, "um, no"

Originally posted by krupted
    yeah i know its the actual buttons that make the noise..... and yeah for some reason it is bothering me, im just real sick of it. if i feel the click and not hear it i think that would be sweet. I dunno sometimes when talking to a girl on the phone that wont get off once and a while ill get that "are you on the computer?" and im like, "um, no"
    LOL

That EXACT same thing happens to me every once and a while - of course you want them to think that you are listening to them but when they won't stop talking you can't help but go on the computer. It's always the sound of my mouse or me typing at the keyboard which gives it away.

Aha - a novel solution. How about we actually LISTEN to them?
    Opteron 165 @ 280x9 = 2.52GHz
    ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
    BFG 7600GT OC
    Corsair 2GB DDR400 Dual Channel
    Seagate Barracuda 200GB SATA
    NEC 3500A 16X DL DVD±RW

haha yeah right dude, how about they start talking about things that matter!?

Thread Information