Changing radeon vid card to slower one? Disable radclocker, cure some headaches.
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Changing radeon vid card to slower one? Disable radclocker, cure some headaches.

ol' man is offline workin fingas to the bone

Changing radeon vid card to slower one? Disable radclocker, cure some headaches.

Lately as some of you may know I was dinking around with my radeons a 9500 and 9800. I have swapped machines that they were in too for testing purposes well I went to put them back in their original systems and when i was installing my 9500 into the mchine that had the 9800 I noticed artifacts right away. They were the same artifacts that I got when I did not have the resistor soldered right on the core if you remember that.

Anyway I could not even install the drivers for this vid card so i was freaking out I thought all of my soldering and tweaking and applying a very large and heavy HS possibly killed it like I have done to so many different radeons before it Finally in the end I found I was using rad clocker from my old 9800pro and the core was jacked to like 430MHz. Radclocker can still work without any other drivers for it so keep this in mind if you decide to downgrade etc....

I was freakin'.

WOrds of dIS-wiSDOm

Talking Future Classic

Haha, that made me chuckle.

Nice one!
    AMD T-Bird 1.1Ghz
    Chaintech 7AJA MoBo
    384Mb PC133Mhz RAM
    Geforce 2 Ultra 64Mb
    19" .24dp FD Trinitron Flat CRT Monitor
    Creative Soundblaster Live! - Cambridge Soundworks Surround Speakers
    76Gb 7200rpm IBM HDD - 16x DVD Rom - 8x8x32 CD-RW