Direct X not enough video memory error
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Direct X not enough video memory error

Angry Direct X not enough video memory error

I went to load up Tiger Woods PGA 2003 and just before it finished loading to go into an event it said"Direct X has determined that there is not enough video memory " and it went back to my desktop. I've never had a problem before playing this game. I haven't done anything out of the ordinary. I'm running an AMD 700 Mhz, Win 98, and I have a Geforce 3 Ti200 with 64 MB of memory. How can I reslove this issue?

Hi well firstly welcome to the forum.

how much ram do you have?
    is there a patch for the game on the developers site?
    you said that youve played it before so it could be ram that its talking about rather than graphics card memory, try closing some programs before you play it.

also go to www.nvidia.com and download the latest drivers for your card, if you already havn't done so.
    Gigabyte Z87M-D3H l Pentium DC 3.2GHz l 16GB Ram l 64GB OCZ SSD l Radeon 7750 OC Edition l Windows 7 Ultimate X64
    Dell OptiPlex 745 l Intel C2D E6600 2.4GHz l 4GB Ram l 64GB OCZ SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64
    Lenovo ThinkPad T61 l C2D T7700 2.4GHz l 8GB Ram l 60GB Kingston SSD l Windows 7 Ultimate X64

Thanks for thrying to help Martin_89.

There are no patches for the game and I've downloaded the latest drivers. I have 256 MB of RAM. I downloaded RAM booster to report how much RAM I have available. I tried starting up the game while my background programs were closed and it still says "DirectX is reporting that there is not enough Video Memory to run the game".

Any help would be appreciated.

Try reinstalling DX9.0b and the latest nVidia drivers. I cant immagine a Golf game pushing 64MB of memory (or 256MB of system memory). Do you have Anti-Alasing turned on? This will drastically increase the memory requirements for a game at higher resolutions. You might even try re-installing the game after re-installing DX and drivers.
    AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

I tried uninstalling the drivers and re-installing them and downloaded DirectX again but the same message comes up again. Do you think my vid card is gone?

Thread Information