dual displays with intel 865gbf board
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: dual displays with intel 865gbf board

Question Intel 865GBF and dual displays...

is it possible to do it? since the board has an integrated graphics adapter and an AGP port... i used to do dual monitor displays with an AGP and a PCI graphics adapters, it worked. but somehow this board can't do it... any solution? or perhaps i haven't set something correctly?

thanks for replies...

Question dual displays with intel 865gbf board

ok. i have a intel865gbf board. it has an integrated graphic adapter. now, if i put a graphic card into the board's AGP port, do dual displays work?

It might, but some boards automatically disable the onboard video when you plug in an AGP card. As far as I know the integrated graphics uses the AGP bus and you can not have two cards sharing the AGP bus. You can always use a PCI card with it or just use a card that supports dual displays (most cards now a days do).
    AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

looks like you're right, that the integrated graphics uses AGP bus. because i can't get that thing enabled or even its driver to be installed.

i knew about the dual displays with PCI cards, i used to use that way. the problem is, to find PCI graphic cards here is pretty hard nowdays.

about the card that support dual displays, hmm... i wonder if mine support it or not, because it has 2 outputs, one is the traditional VGA 15-pins output and the other one i read on the manual book is called "DVI" port output... do this means it support dual display?

The DVI port can use a converter to run it as another CTR. My Radeon 9700Pro All-in-Wonder only has a DVI port and ships with the convertor so I can use my monitor. Quite a few cards come with it. The only thing is these cards also can only use two outputs so if you are using TV out and a monitor you can not add a 3rd. I use my TV out quite a bit, so that option would be out if I have the 3 ports like most cards.

They look like the little white thing on the bottom edge towards the right:

AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

so, with this converter, i could use my VGA card with 2 monitors just like i used 1 AGP VGA card + 1 PCI VGA card alias dual displays?

or it would just display the same things? what shows on monitor 1 shows the same thing on monitor 2.

Most of the new cards will let you set them to mirror or strech the desktop hirizontaly (or even vertical if you want). If you want an extended desktop there are actually desktop backgrounds avaluable for duel (or even tri monitor desktops.
    Last edited by Todd a; January 1st, 2004 at 03:50 PM.

Thread Information