Which one, Antec or Chenming?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Which one, Antec or Chenming?

Which one, Antec or Chenming?

Hello, I was hoping someone could help me decide which case to buy. Antec Plusview 1000 AMG or the Chenming 601AE. They are both the same size. Both have side windows. Most of the specs are the same. Exact same price. I won't be buying it with a PSU. I already have one to use. If you were buying one of these which would it be.
    Thanks

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the Antec is made by Chenming...
    Opteron 165 @ 280x9 = 2.52GHz
    ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
    BFG 7600GT OC
    Corsair 2GB DDR400 Dual Channel
    Seagate Barracuda 200GB SATA
    NEC 3500A 16X DL DVD±RW

Yes, they are the essentially the same - the Antec uses the basic Chenming chasis. The are minor differences - front plastic bezel design and the presence of an airfilter in the Antec (which the basic Chenming / Chieftec) does not have.

Personally, I wouldn't get either of them. They are good cases that are a proven design but case design has moved on now. Have a look at the Antec 3700BQE - its a better case IMO (although it comes with a PSU).
    Athlon XP 3200+, TT Silent Boost (its rubbish as well as loud) Gigabyte nForce2 mobo (stable but lacks tweaking options), GF4 Ti4200 128mb, Lian-Li V2000

Antex usually puts a bit more detail into the quality of the case. They generally have slightly thicker sheetmetal and a better finish that does not scratch as easy. Also if the Chenming uses the same cheap fans as the Cheiftech, you will need new fans after about 3-6 months as both of my fans started grinding after that.
    AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

Re: Which one, Antec or Chenming?

Originally posted by bigdog27
    ... Antec Plusview 1000 AMG or the Chenming 601AE...

Antec.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

You might also trhink about getting it with the 330w power supply that most of the Antec cases ship with. Their case are very good as are their power supplies, but they cost a lot if you buy them seperately. They only ad about $20 onto the case for this nice 330w True Power power supply, that normally costs $50-60. It would make for a great back-up power supply or for a second computer made out of your old parts. Of corse it would cost more, but it is something to consider as their power supplies are very nice.

I always have to look at things this way as I always look at a few upgrades down the road and I will have another computer to add to my collection. I have 4 plus a laptop right now that I use for LAN parties I host about once a month. I also have to plan my upgrades around what systems really need upgrades and pass the old parts from my main system down. I then shuffle around some parts and any left overs go into the parts bin for the next computer. It sucks when a few major parts on my main system causes me to rebuild 3 other computers and format all four hard drives. It blows a whole day. Of course I like doing this and I get better parts for my LAN computers.
    AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

Thread Information