password help
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: password help

Hybrid View

password help

i have a friend who has a toshiba satellite 4070 it has a bios password and he dosnt have it didnt get it when he bought it is there any way around it ?

well, on a desktop pc one way to get aroudn this would be to reset the bios. You could do this by a jumper or removing the small battery.
    I am not sure if this laptop has a jumper to clear the bios, but if you feel comfortable crackin the casing open and looking for a dip switch or jumper, or if you can find the battery. That should do it.

Resetting the Bios is a good first step.

"To reset the password of a Toshiba, you can use KeyDisk.
    If this doesn't work, you can try to build the Toshiba Parallell loopback.
    To make a simple device that you connect to your parallell port, a lot of Toshiba computers remove the password when you boot it up. The device, named "loopback" by some, could be made out of any parallell wire with 25pins connectors (db25).' From Cmos password recovery tools 4.3

ok

i did remove the battery an d it didnt work and as for makeing a key disk i dont know how and dont have a machine that has dos on it maybe some one could make one and send it in my post or email and i could put it ona floppy ???

What battery did you remove? I dont mean the big battery the laptop runs off, it will be a small silver battery on the motherboard. If you removed this for a bit then raplaced it, I dont see how it wouldnt work

ok i opened it up and took out both the batteries inside and it didnt work

Most manufacturers have a "backdoor" password. Try using "Toshiba" (case sensitive). Here's a link

HCConundrum

Thread Information