ati 9600pro
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: ati 9600pro

ati 9600pro

i have the ati made 9600pro v/c,and i am wondering if i should enable the truform,at the moment,it is disabled.
    i have anti-aliasing at 4x,and anisotropic filtering at 4x.
    the problem i have,is when i am playing games for about half an hour,the games freezes,also when i start the games,it stutters for about 10 seconds,but then seems alright,but still freezes after awhile.
    i have fast writes turned off in bios.specs are
    win98se
    soltek nv400-L
    amd 2600 333fsb
    512 crucial 3200
    santa cruz s/c
    30 gig maxtor hdd
    hope for some advice on this problem.thanks

it seems like somethings overheating. Are you overclocking anything? Can you find the tems of your cpu and hdd? Possibly an overheating power supply? Try running games with the case cover off your tower see if that helps.

TruForm wouldnt help any, if anything it would complicate things as its merely an enhancement to visuals. I find it to be somewhat nice, but isnt necessary to achieve apealing graphics.

9600pro

Originally posted by krupted
    it seems like somethings overheating. Are you overclocking anything? Can you find the tems of your cpu and hdd? Possibly an overheating power supply? Try running games with the case cover off your tower see if that helps.

TruForm wouldnt help any, if anything it would complicate things as its merely an enhancement to visuals. I find it to be somewhat nice, but isnt necessary to achieve apealing graphics.
    thanks for your reply.
    my temps are.
    abs11 50C,thats the diode under the cpu.
    cpu external 40C
    sys temps 35C.these temps are just surfing the net,not playing games.
    i think the abs temp goes up about another 10C when playing games.
    i would like it lower,but dont want the noise.i am using the ajustable enermax fan which gives 3500 revs,and is pretty quiet.
    also i have enermax psu 431.
    my cpu is only overclocked by 100,waste of time really,so i will put it back to 2000.
    i will try the sides off as you suggested,and see what happens.

50c idles and even a slight overclock as you have very well can shut down a pc after a bit.... especially if your ram doesnt like it.

let me know if youve discoverd anything.....

Thread Information