My 9700 Pro
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My 9700 Pro

<<expletive deleted>>!!, My 9700 Pro

ok...I just got It...I bought it off Ebay...Installed it... and ****, with all the cables...and all that...

but, When i Installed...Little Lines Showed up...and it was all over.....

I couldnt change settings on it or anything...So i got the Drivers...(After Windows XP (PRo) found them) and updated it myself...but...again it didnt work, and Lines Kept Showing up (((

i dont know what to do help me pleaseeeeeeeeeee

Try inserting back your old display card in and see if the lines still appears. If it doesn't if its back to normal , then return the 9700.
    Last edited by AMDs-PoOp; November 16th, 2003 at 12:36 AM.
    AXP 1800+ @ 1.533Ghz (Palomino)
    Soltek-75DRV4 KT266A ATA133
    Maxtor 40GB + Western Digital 80GB = 120GB
    Kingston 256MB + 512MB = 768MB DDR266
    Leadtek Winfast A350XT Geforce FX 5900XT 128MB
    Leadtek Winfast TV2000XP Deluxe
    SB Live! 5.1 DE
    Asus 16x DVD-ROM
    BenQ DW1640 16x DVD-Rewriter
    ThermalTake Volcano 7 HSF
    iCute Case
    iCute 480Watt Twin Fan PSU
    Philips 107T Flat CRT
    Philips A2.3 (2.1 Speaker)

hey...nah man...i put in mah other card..its fine...

i dont know what to do...

*might be my m/b?* ??

If you have another extra PC in the house, insert the 9700 card in it, see if it does the same on the other PC. If it does then its definitely the card.

About your MB hmmmm----->
    Before doing anything its best for you to wait for replies from other HWC members.
    AXP 1800+ @ 1.533Ghz (Palomino)
    Soltek-75DRV4 KT266A ATA133
    Maxtor 40GB + Western Digital 80GB = 120GB
    Kingston 256MB + 512MB = 768MB DDR266
    Leadtek Winfast A350XT Geforce FX 5900XT 128MB
    Leadtek Winfast TV2000XP Deluxe
    SB Live! 5.1 DE
    Asus 16x DVD-ROM
    BenQ DW1640 16x DVD-Rewriter
    ThermalTake Volcano 7 HSF
    iCute Case
    iCute 480Watt Twin Fan PSU
    Philips 107T Flat CRT
    Philips A2.3 (2.1 Speaker)

i have no other pc in the house , i have to wait till 2morrow before i can go anywhere else, to insert it, and check to see if it is the card or not... this makes me so mad

Ive seen quite a few cases like yours with radeons and lines and other artafacts on the screen. I really hope you can return it to the guy

**** man

This really sux

Why the **** this crap havta happen to me

what you described sounds like the ram on your 9700 is bad or dying...
    it might have been through a bad bios flash mod. most of the time when i've seen folks with lines like that, their ram is either really overclocked or really underclocked, there's really no way for you tell with those problems.

devinstock,what are your your system specs dude?

sam.
    Main BoxAthlon 64 FX-53 @2.4ghz| 2GB HyperX
    PC4000 | Asus A8V-Delx. | BFG 6800U | 2xWD Raptor 74Gb raid 0| Audigy2 | Dell 19" LCD FPM | XP Pro
    Linux Box -Athlon 64 2800 | MSI K8T NEO |
    9700p | SB Live! Value | 80Gb Seagate Barracuda | Sony DL DVDRW | Ubuntu 64bit
    LaptopDell 600M 1.5Ghz Cent. | 512mb | DVDRW
    Mac G5 Dual 2.3Ghz | 4Gb Ram | Radeon 9650 | 250Gb sata | Dell 19" Flat CRT

Have you got a link to the original ebay ad?

Take it easy with the profanity, please.

Cheers,

MuFu.

I will never by anything off E-Bay. Likely it is not a pro version and the guy flashed the BIOS to the pro version. He never checked it or cared and will likely not return your e-mails if you ask to return it.

By the way, I don't think the moderators will like the profanity much as they like to stick to the rules and pollicies for joining and posting as close as they can. You should try to refrain from using them. If you are luck the mod's will only edit the posts, but they might just not be happy about a neeby posting like that and delete the thread and/or kick you off the board. I'd edit the stuff so they don't need to.

One of the Moderators (MuFu if I remember correctly) can tell you where and what the code on the back of the card is to tell if it really is a Pro vesio or non-pro. It also could be an older 9500 modded and flashed to a pro.

If that guy from E-bay will not take it back, ATI might not be too happy either. If it has been tampered with, then they might not fix/replace it. Also they might replace it with what it really is if it was mod'd or flashed and it would be best at that point to flash it back to what it should be. What model/brand is the card? Got the link to the E-bay listing or the guy's web site? Have you e-mailed the guy yet? Does it list a return policy on the E-bay posting? What was the guy's rating? Some of the larger sellers on E-bay can be trusted, but I'd rather use something like NewEgg for perchases. My brother wanted to build a system and I helped price it out. I suggestedd a Radeon 9800Pro for $300, but he wanted to get a 9800XT if he could find it for $400. He turned out getting it on E-bay. Well all of his other parts arrived, but the graphics card. He e-mailed the place 3 times and has not heard from them. He checked the posting and the fine print says the package will be shipped within a MONTH. Well he was already billed and does not know when or if the card will be shipped and he has a fully built $1800 system waiting for a graphics card (AthlonXP2700+, 1GB PC3200, dual 120GB 8MB cache hard drives in RAID, 5.1 suround speekers, 19" monitor, DVD recorder, 480w PS, SLK-900 heatsink, Antrec AMG case... and no graphics card).

You could try an overclocking tool and lower the memory and/or core speeds to see if you can get it running at least, but it sounds like a bad card. A flash of the card's BIOS might work too. Maybe the guy did try to mod the card and just screwed the flash and you might be able to re-flash it get it working correctly, but that is a bit harder to do. Try the overclocking tool.
    AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

Man I make my post too long and MuFu sneaks in under me.
    AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

Originally posted by Todd a
    Man I make my post too long and MuFu sneaks in under me.
    Now you're just being disgusting.

Seriously - have you got a link to the original ad? I probably would buy something off ebay, but only if the seller was reputable. My dad bought a cracking sub-notebook for my sister from ebay last week and that's restored my faith a little!

Underclocking the memory is a good idea. Check your VGA/DVI cable as well. I snagged mine on something the other day and this happened...

Waahh??!!

The PC was still useable so I spent a day using it with various forms of artifacting on screen. A driver re-installation didn't fix it, neither did several restarts, device re-initialisations etc. Downclocking the memory cleared things up temporarily and then bizarrely, when I played a game, the problems went away and now everything is back to normal in 2D/3D modes.

MuFu.

So MuFu, doesn't the Radeon cards have a simplecode on the back printed right on the PCB (something like a PCB revision number or something) that will tell you weither it really isa 9500NP, 9700NP, or 9700Pro?

Oh yah! Hee Hee, you sex dog you!

Yes, but the PCB PN code for the 97P and 97NP are the same: 109-94200-XX.

There's a white sticker on the back with product part numbers and s/n's on it - some actually say "Radeon 9700 Pro" on them as well, I think. Not sure how to read the codes themselves.

MuFu.

ol' man is offline workin fingas to the bone
    Look at the vid ram. That should tell you if it is a pro or not. Should it not? We need specs like clock rates of ram and core as also the marking on the ram.

Thread Information