smartgart
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: smartgart

smartgart

after getting the cat 3.9, i now have no smartgart tab,,no open gl tab either,,,hmmm,,wondering if i should still have those showing up
    Asus A7V8X mobo bios 1013
    Athlon MobilXP 2600 + @ 15x167
    vcore 1.7v
    ThermalTake Volcano 12 Extreme
    Enermax 350W PS
    GEIL PC3200 CL2 3-3-6
    Seagate Barracuda 40g hd
    Saphire Radeon 9800Pro Atlantis 128
    core378/mem337.5 default
    Catalyst 5.12/dx9.0c
    Win 2000pro
    Liteon 40x12x48 burner
    Liteon DVD
    Old floppy
    Logitech MX310 Optical
    DSL modem and (one old dial up for work purposes)
    Turtle Beach Santa Cruz Audio

Did you also install the Control Panel as well as the driver?

Without the Control Panel installed, you will not have any extra tabs in Advanced Display Properties.
    Desktop - XP2100 @ 2.4GHz, Abit NF7-S, 1gb DDR500 Crucial Ballistix, 120 + 160gb HDD, Windows XP
    Laptop - Athlon 64 3000, 1gb RAM, 40gb HDD, Radeon Mobility 200, Windows Vista
    Server - P4 1.8GHz, 768mb RAM, 2x 40gb HDDs, Win2k3 Server

well, probably not,,sheesh,,let me go check and see the site again,,

ok, just checked and the one i dl'd had control panel and driver,,will reinstall and see if anything else happens,,bbl
    Last edited by Richard R.; November 29th, 2003 at 02:23 PM.

it shows that it is installing the control panel, yet there is no smartgart tab, nor open gl tab, no oc'n tab or anything like that,,

in the past i had installed the rage3dtweaker, if memory serves me right, i had in there also to oc the card, now it is not, and although the rage3d folder shows in program files, i can't open it at all, it shows it is writing something in the registry when system boots, yet nowhere can i access anything for it, but, there is one screen that opens with three tabs, one choice is oc, but it gives no options, says i need F@H app installed, so i did, nothing different happened, still same old,

so i guess i have a couple of things missing or i am doing something wrong with installing the apps,,,

it was all ok while i had 98se, this has happened since i upgraded to 2000pro,,,as far as i know i went through all proper installations of everything

any ideas ppl, any of ya installed the 3.9's, and what tabs do yall have?

All Catalysts after 3.8 don't have an OpenGL tab. They've never had an overclocking tab, but SMARTGART should be there.

You're completely removing the drivers before you install new ones, right? You might have to reinstall the lastest version of Rage3D Tweak as well.

MuFu.

Hmmm, I've never seen that before.

I was using the 3.8's but dropped down to the 3.7's last night. I might give the 3.9's a try actually.

I take it you're on DSL/Cable, so why not try uninstalling the bundled version and download both the seperate driver and control panel EXE's and install them manually, restarting after each one.

Sure it's a bit of a hassle, but if it gets you the tabs, then it's worth it.
    Desktop - XP2100 @ 2.4GHz, Abit NF7-S, 1gb DDR500 Crucial Ballistix, 120 + 160gb HDD, Windows XP

OOOOOOOOK

wow, i can finally quit worrying about it,,thanks

but, now if you wish to oc your card, or say my card, what app should i run,,doesnt seem i can get rage3d to happen,,,and by the way,,,i cant delete the rage3d folder in my programs cause it says it is working somewhere,,,,so i am trying to figure out how the heck to uninstall the dam thing

any ideas with it?

Originally posted by MuFu
    All Catalysts after 3.8 don't have an OpenGL tab. They've never had an overclocking tab, but SMARTGART should be there.
    Thanks for posting that MuFu because I've just remembered that the 3.8's I was using had a tab called 3D (I think), which had both Direct3D and OpenGL options on that.

Originally posted by Richard R.
    OOOOOOOOK

wow, i can finally quit worrying about it,,thanks

but, now if you wish to oc your card, or say my card, what app should i run,,doesnt seem i can get rage3d to happen,,,and by the way,,,i cant delete the rage3d folder in my programs cause it says it is working somewhere,,,,so i am trying to figure out how the heck to uninstall the dam thing

any ideas with it?
    I take it you're using Win2k. Right click the taskbar and choose Task Manager. In the processes tab, find the Rage3D executable (can't remember if it's called Rage3D.exe, maybe check the registry, or the Programs>Startup menu for the file name) and then click End Task.

This should stop Rage3D from running, which will allow you to delete the folder.

As for a program to overclock your graphics card, I use RadLinker

Why don't you just uninstall Rage3D Tweak normally?

MuFu.

when i go to add/remove programs, it does not show in there, but, when i click on my comp/c/prog/, there is a folder in there for rage3d and it will not allow me to delete it or anything

ok, should have smartgart,,,

ok

i had a difficult time getting a standard vga to set up for me when i was uninstalling the 3.8's to get the 3.9's, major times restarting pc and all, finally at some point the thing started running again and i was able to do what i've done so far,,,

so, i hate to uninstall and all again if i don't have to,,,

yall know of a quick link for smartgart, i got tired of fooling with this and got a bit frustrated,,,honestly, i was wondering if i'd ever get the pc to restart last time i worked at installing the 3.9's,,they seem fine, yet, no smartgart, and now no way of oc'n the card,,hmmm,,it's been a pull the hair out day with it,,lol

Do you mean, a link to the smartgart installation program?

I don't think there is a seperate one. I know that there is a smartgart uninstallation program, but not sure of a seperate installation program.

i just now shut down gameutil.exe, and the folder when trying to delete it still shows it can't be deleted because it may still be working, says the source file still may be in use,,,

so, next,,lol,,,shoots man, it even shows it is in the start/program/startup as working,,,gameutil.exe that is,,,it shows in there along with zonealarm

I have been using program called "Radclocker" for some time now to OC my 9800pro.

It simply adds an overclocking tab to display properties (much like "coolbits" adds one for nVidia cards) and it doesn`t seem to have any bad habits or bugs, even when upating drivers.

http://www28.brinkster.com/chrisww1942/download.htm
    Current "Radclocker" is vers "1800d.zip".

If oveclocking is all you`re after, "Radclocker" is worth considering.

EDIT:
    I just noticed that agw_01 had already posted a link to "radlinker" which also contains "radclocker."
    However, "Radclocker" is also avalible as a stand alone app.

Oh, well, that makes two recomendations.
    Last edited by Flash; November 29th, 2003 at 03:01 PM.

progress report, rage3d is now gone, did some rebooting, and rechecking and such and was able to delete folder and what not for it,,,cool

so, i'll now check on the radclocker yall are mentioning and using,,thanks,,will check back with yall and let ya know whats up,,again thanks, till a bit later

Thread Information