Higher Vcore=Lower overclock??? - Page 2
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Higher Vcore=Lower overclock???

where are the sensors located though? if they read from the molex aswell... then ya.. i'd say they are crappy sensors being used..

and no.. comparing 3 different versions of the same board model isn't "the exact same hardware".. and of coarse you're going to get the same readings when measuring at the molex.. cause it's just the voltage coming from your PS.. it won't change unless you change you're PS..

i'm not trying to start something here.. i actually do want to find out where exactly the board measures it's voltage.. and if it's possible to measure with a multi-meter to double check them..

as for your question Dacs i'd personally say that playing with the power supply is THE last thing you want to do.. sure it's all in good fun and whatnot.. but the risk of screwing up the rest of your hardware.. i think.. is too high...

check this power supply guide by firingsquad done a little while ago.. it has a good table showing you which devices are taking from what rail.. and how much.
    Main
    AMD XP-M 2500+ @ 2200 (200x11), 1.65v Thermalright SK-7 w/ Thermaltake Smart fan2 Abit NF7-S v2.0, Forceware 5.10 OCZ 1.5gb OCZ PC3200 2.5-3-3-10 Radeon 9800XT 128mb w/ Zalman VF-700cu Maxtor 250gb SATA HD LG DVD-RWPioneer 10x DVD Enlight 7250 w/ 2 80mm Enermax Noisetaker EG495P-VE SFMA Logitech Z2300 Speakers Samsung 753DF WinXP Pro SP2 DX9.0c

Certifed: MCSA, A+, Linux+, Security+, Net+

I meant that if I leave everything the same, and only change out the motherboard I get different readings. They're even different between to rev 2 NF7-S's.
    Opteron 148@2805(255x11-1.4v)
    Stock cooling(until I get a water block)
    Asrock 939Dual-SATAII
    1GB PC3200 OCZ Gold EL(2-2-2-8-2 1T 5:6 Divider)
    Sapphire X800GTO2(520/580 - Unlocked 16 Pipes)
    Antec TruePower 550 vmodded
    2x Western Digital WD-1200JS(RAID0)
    Lite-ON 1633S DVDRW
    Gentoo 2.6.14-nitro2

ol' man is offline workin fingas to the bone
    Originally posted by drzaius2
    no i didn't test with a multimeter... but i had 2 of the same boards at one time.. Abit NF7-S.. and i found that the voltages reported by the bios (motherboard monitor 5.3.3.0 actually) were different.. i dont' see how 2 identical boards with the same bios could report different voltages unless they indeed were different..

i'm not really sure what i'm getting at here.. but i think that measuring the "incoming" voltage is a good idea.. as it's a good way to determine if the PS is not outputting enough or not.. but it can't measure the voltages going through the board.. and eventually what voltages are going to the CPU, etc.. and i would think that these are the voltages the bios measures.. (i could be wrong.. i have no idea where the bios measures the voltage)

even the best motherboard isn't a perfect conductor ..
    I have seen it. It is not uncommon.

Thread Information