Overclock or not ?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Overclock or not ?

Overclock or not ?

My system is running at normal speed right now. I have an Asus A7N8X Deluxe with a 2600+ Athlon running at 1921 Mhz (5.5x334) 11.5 x 166 in the bios. Vcore is at 1.65V.

My case is equiped with 4 fans, 1 front, 2 back and one on the left side of the case. I'm using the regular AMD heatsink and fan that come with the cpu.

IDLE temperature is around 30 Celcius for the CPU and 20 for the mobo. Under heavy load it raise up to 40-42 for the CPU and 25 for the mobo.

What do you recommend if i want to overclock it ? Raise the Frequency in the bios to 200 ? Increase the multiplier ? I'm not sure what to do here and i need some advice. With that kind of temp you think i can safely increase the speed ?

if your ram can handle it there is no reason not to lower the multipler a bit and raise your fsb to 200

Memory that's another question. I have 2 Kingston 512 Pc 3200, 400 Mhz DIMM. Right now it's running at 8-3-3-3.

Let's supposed i want to try 200x10.5 (2100), what setting would you recommend for the memory ?

I would say start with the highest(slowest) then keep going down till it crashes. I would also lower the multiplyer below 10.5 first to test your board and ram alone to see if it can handle 200 mhz, then bump up the cpu speed

Ok i raised it to 10.5 x 2000 running flawlessly. Barely no increase in heat, 3-4 deg max. My memory is still running at 200 Mhz though. Is there a way by changing the setting to make it run at 400 ?

Thread Information