Scanner Trouble??
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Scanner Trouble??

Exclamation Scanner Trouble??

hey everyone, okay well i just started using my scanner once again aftre about a few months of not, and well everythings plugged in right , all the drivers are updated and everything.. BTW i have an old scanner, Visioneer paperPort 3100B, anyways

so Im getting ready to scan, my pictures in, and i click scan *or preview*.. the only thing that comes up is a black screen, nothing at all... i even tried scanning with the top open, and still only black..

can anyone give me advice on how to fix this? im sortof in a rush because its school related >< but any advice or help is greatly appreciated, thanx in advance ^_^

you could try uninstalling and reinstalling either the software and/or the hardware for the scanner. is it actually running through the scan motions, passing the reader across the screen etc?
    trout are freshwater fish and have underwater weapons
    trout are very valuable and immensely powerful
    keep away from the trout

yeah you can see the reader going across the flat screen the lighst up and everything, im not sure if it could be a bulb or a burnt out fuse (if it even has one) but the thing is the cd i lost so i just dl the driver. Im running the scan with paint shop pro 7 which has a feature for it, everything is set up correctly... could it be the software im using? if anyone also has any suggestions or sites that I can download a scan program, thatd really help as well, thank you ^_^

3100 Series Drivers & Downloads

It sounds like you are using Paint Shop Pro 7's Twain Driver without having the Visioneer software/drivers installed.

try inserting an image from ur scanner into another program like Publisher or the Microsoft Photo Editor thing
    Clevo P150HM - Intel Core i7-2760QM Sandy Bridge - 16Gb 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM - SanDisk Extreme 240Gb SSD - Radeon 6990M @ 740/1000

Thread Information