Win98 not seeing mouse
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Win98 not seeing mouse

Angry Win98 not seeing mouse

Friend has Win98 running and all of sudden does not see mouse.Cannot get mouse to work?? Used to have keyboard keys to get around in Win98 without mouse, but can't find the key combinations. I can get as far as hardware install wizard and has two separate panes for mouse. Left side has all generic mouse. Right side has PS2, usb, serial etc. I can't seem to get key combination to move cursor to right pane so I can select ps2 or serial mouse. I have a serial adapter for a ps2 plug would that work if ps2 won't work? Can't understand, tried two different mouse. None will work. PS2 plug looks okay? Any suggestions?

Re: Win98 not seeing mouse

Originally posted by avalon1
    I can't seem to get key combination to move cursor to right pane so I can select ps2 or serial mouse.
    Have you tried the TAB key to move to the right pane?

Can you try a serial mouse?
    Intel Q6600 | Asus P5K SE | 4 GB DDR2 800 | 500GB Seagate SATA | 250GB Seagate SATA | 18x Pioneer SATA DVD-RW | 1 GB Geforce GTX 650 Ti | Logitech Keyboard & Mouse | 650 Watt Cooler Master PSU | Benq 22" LCD

Learn How to Join our Folding@Home Team - Detailed Folding@Home Stats

Yeah, I finally got over to the right pane but when I try to install the ps2 mouse it freezes up. I have a square serial adapter for the ps2 mouse but Win98 still does not see the ps2 mouse connected to the serial port. I think it may be necessary to uninstall the mouse in device mgr and then try to install the ps2 mouse, but in device mgr I can seem to move cursor down to mouse in device mgr. Can't get right keyboard combination to move it down to mouse. Does anyone know where I can't get the proper keyboard combinations to move cursor in Win98 with keyboard?
    Last edited by avalon1; September 19th, 2003 at 10:35 AM.

Is your mouse drivers listed in Add Remove Programs?
    If it is I would uninstall it from there first.

If it's not there in device manager use the tab key to move the highlighter to the device pane move it down using the down arrow key.
    You can expand the device heading using the right arrow.

Press alt+r to remove the device

Hope this helps
    Intel Q6600 | Asus P5K SE | 4 GB DDR2 800 | 500GB Seagate SATA | 250GB Seagate SATA | 18x Pioneer SATA DVD-RW | 1 GB Geforce GTX 650 Ti | Logitech Keyboard & Mouse | 650 Watt Cooler Master PSU | Benq 22" LCD

Learn How to Join our Folding@Home Team - Detailed Folding@Home Stats

from my experience if you use a serial mouse you do not need a driver. Serial mouse could be used in dos without any drivers loaded. Although serial mouse are obsolute now you could sell purchasing one HERE

Thread Information