upgrade concerns...
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: upgrade concerns...

upgrade concerns...

Hey all,
    I've been out of the ocing/tweaking scene for a loooong time. Finally I got some funding together and decided to go for some new stuffs.

I was looking at a 2500+ Barton, as my local retailer has AQXEA steppings which I hear are doing pretty well. Thing is though, I have an Asus A7N8X deluxe with 256 mb of PC 333 RAM. The A7N8X seems to have the ability to run the ram lower than the FSB, but I ran some tests with my current proc, and the results are mediocre at best.
    [edit]
    I forgot in my fervor to mention my actual problem: Does anyone know how to get the asychronous FSB/Mem timings working better?
    [/edit]

I presently have a 1700+ Paly which doesn't mind the 166 FSB with the mult knocked back a bit. The Ram is real dodgy above 166 though as it is.

Also, Any word on Koolance? Those cases look sweet, I was thiking about picking one up. Though the hose diameter is pretty tiny. Thing is, I have a rad, res, and pump from my old WC setup, but no waterblock... Should I just get me a DangerDen Maze 4 and live with my ugly case? Or should I drop the dough and go for the pretty Koolance? I don't have the capabilities right now to mod my present case, so I don't think that's going to be a possibility. I'm just tired of this constant whirring from my fan!

Any input is very welcome! (and if anyone wants to offer advice on a new rad and where to put it in my case, I'll get back to you on the model SO OLD, I'd appreciate that too)

Thanks again!
    Last edited by Swedishlf; September 6th, 2003 at 04:31 PM.
    Woohoo, 14th person to solve the 4D rubik's cube...ever! http://www.superliminal.com/cube/cube.htm

Watch me solve a regular cube in 24.2 seconds at www.rubiks.dk videolist, Daniel Hayes!

Thread Information