HL1 annoying problem
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: HL1 annoying problem

Hybrid View

HL1 annoying problem

Hey, with all the buzz surrounding HL2 coming out, I decided to play a run of the old HL1 to get a feel for the amience and story line again.

Problem is, whenever I "esc" from game play to save or anything else like that, when I drop back into the game, I usually get only the console screen or just blackness. The sound works fine and I can hear myself moving around, but I can't see anything. Half-Life has done this for as long as I remember, even does it when I try to play TFC and leave a certain game to enter a new one.

I downloaded the lates patch to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Radeon 8500...
    Woohoo, 14th person to solve the 4D rubik's cube...ever! http://www.superliminal.com/cube/cube.htm

Watch me solve a regular cube in 24.2 seconds at www.rubiks.dk videolist, Daniel Hayes!

Different graphics drivers. Or a mini-GL driver. Perhaps try 3D3 mode instead.

I think for me it did that with D3D but not for OpenGL. I can't quite remember.
    Mike
    Mechanical Engineer
    Dell Computer Corporation
    Server Development

I just switched over to OpenGL instead of D3D within the game. Problem solved, thanks all!
    Woohoo, 14th person to solve the 4D rubik's cube...ever! http://www.superliminal.com/cube/cube.htm

Watch me solve a regular cube in 24.2 seconds at www.rubiks.dk videolist, Daniel Hayes!

Thread Information