nVIDIA stupidity?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: nVIDIA stupidity?

Red face nVIDIA stupidity?

This fits the term, shooting yourself in the foot...

Posted at Omega DRIVE's Little Corner:

Well, as most of you have heard by now, I will not be releasing any more Omega drivers for nvidia cards...
    I received an E-Mail from nvidia on June 17, it was from one of their attorneys... he told me that what I was doing was illegal...the only thing he had against me was the nvidia logo on my page, so he told me that I must remove it immediately because people would get confused an think that my drivers are official nvidia drivers, so I told him that there is no problem, the logo will go...
    Then, just a few days ago, I got an E-Mail from Zardon telling me that nvidia E-Mailed him about my drivers, and told him to REMOVE THE DRIVERS FROM DRIVERHEAVEN...
    See ya! nvidia...

Full post at the following link,
    Click HERE

One would think that they nVIDIA would appreciate having drivers tweaked for free...
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

I used to use his Voodoo3 drivers. 3DFX never whined about him as far as I know. Maybe they weren't in much of a position to

ATi did not complain either...

Wonder what the reasoning is at nVIDIA...
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

I find that very funny. As too why they would do this now is anyones guess.
    Main
    AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 512 cache
    Asus K8V
    Samsung 1gig (2) 512 ddr400 timings 200mhz 2.5-3-3-5
    Zalman CNPS7000A-ALCU
    Radeon 9800PRO
    Audigy2
    Logitech z640
    Pioneer 107d
    Toshiba dvd 16x40
    BARRACUDA SATA 120GB,300GB
    ENERMAX 450w PSU
    Windows w2k Pro

Sounds like a Brain Fart to me..LOL

Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV

E6750 Core 2 Duo, 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800, GB P35C-DS3R MB, ATI Radeon X1950XT, Seagate 7200.9 320GB, Win XP Pro SP2, Enermax Liberty 500w

HWC Folding@Home Team -- Learn How to Join the Team Here ---Detailed Stats

SUX i enjoyed your drivers better than nvidias.

O well thanks for all you did.

and good luck to u in your pursuits!.

Shuffl@.
    The RiG
    P4 3ghz
    2gb ddr 400
    256mb X800XTPE
    Enermax Coolergiant
    amdduron800@hotmail.com

yeah I used to use their drivers on my old radeon 32mb ddr....

go nvidia,

It sounds like there is some sort of dispute because they are using nVidia logos on their page and nVidia is worrying that the stability or image quality of the drivers might get comprimized. The easiest way for them to simplify this is to send a nasty letter with threats and just make them shut down. This really sucks, but that is what life is all about now. Drop it and move on I guess is all you can do at this point unless nVidia backs down for charity reasons.
    AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

Still doesn't make sense though.

If people wanted to use the other drivers then they take that chance. I don't think NVIDIA would support them anyway. The first thing they are going to ask someone is what driver they are using.

Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV

E6750 Core 2 Duo, 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800, GB P35C-DS3R MB, ATI Radeon X1950XT, Seagate 7200.9 320GB, Win XP Pro SP2, Enermax Liberty 500w

HWC Folding@Home Team -- Learn How to Join the Team Here ---Detailed Stats

I guess they were worried he'd make the early FX Ultra's not suck.

Vaccuum cleaners always suck. They showed him.

(It's corny - but give me some credit. It's late)

Yeah, I don't get it either. Sure, they aren't official nVidia drivers, but if someone wants certified drivers, they can always go to www.nvidia.com (which is where I suspect MOST people go). My guess is that they don't want people probing into their propped up drivers anymore. Before the "FX" series, there was little to question about nVidia's performance.
    Give what you cannot keep to gain what you cannot lose.

Originally posted by Todd a
    It sounds like there is some sort of dispute because they are using nVidia logos on their page ...

The logos were already pulled off the website as per request from nVIDIA.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

Originally posted by ThreeOnTheTree
    My guess is that they don't want people probing into their propped up drivers anymore. Before the "FX" series, there was little to question about nVidia's performance.
    Yah and not there next set of drivers has another mysterious boost in performance. You'll never guess what app it is with. Yup it is only for boosting score in Game4 of 3DMark2003. Sounds fishy to me. Why don't they boost the performance in something that people actually play. What about business apps? No. They only the performance in one benchmark that they said was a bad benchmark.
    AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

Originally posted by slingblade
    Someone posted a while back about Nvidia putting the brakes on third-party driver fiddling but I couldn't find the original message. Anyway, I went to Omega's Little Corner just now and found some encouraging news on the front page. This may be of interest to the 5 remaining users of Nvidia products left in these forums.

http://www.omegacorner.com/
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

More reasons to hate NVIDIA even more

Go Ati Go
    Asus P5Q
    Intel core 2 Duo 3ghz 1333 fsb 6mb L2 cache
    OCZ Gold XTC 4GB DDR2-1066
    Asus ati3870 512mb pci express 16
    80Gig Hd Sata
    Vista Home premium

Thread Information