CD-Rom Problems
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: CD-Rom Problems

CD-Rom Problems

I seem to be having a problem with my CD-Rom drive. When I try to play Warcraft III, for example, the pop up screen will load but then when I try to play it will say "Please verify that your Warcraft III disc is in your CD-ROM drive, then click on 'Retry'" even though there definitely is a CD in there. This has been happening on and off recently. For some reason when I reinstall Warcraft it will work for a bit but then go back to this same problem. It is not the CD for it does the same thing with Frozen Throne.

If anyone has any ideas, thank you.

If applicable,
    Test with another ATA cable and/or CDROM drive.

Depending on age,
    CDROM drive may not be Multiread compliant and/or defective.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

If you didn't make any hardware changes lately, you can check put if there's any available game patches to solve this problem. btw. is your game the legal copy?

Yes it's a legal, out of the box copy. But it's acting like an illegal copy that doesn't emulate those copyright protections. I have been using these CDs for awhile with this CD player(well Reign of Chaos more than Frozen Throne) and they have always worked. I don't think it has anything to do with game patches. I don't really know what to do.
    Last edited by Peare; August 16th, 2003 at 09:04 PM.

Its a common problem that alot of people have..here you go...

Diablo II and Warcraft III Users:

Many customers have reported they could play the game, but after rebooting their machines, they received the "Please verify your CD is in the drive" error message. After reinstalling the game they could play but rebooting would create the problem all over again. You should not have to reinstall the game every time you want to play.

We have found a couple of programs that may be creating this problem. These programs include Kazaa and Kazaa Lite.

If you are experiencing this type of problem, please try uninstalling Kazaa, uninstall the game, reinstall the game, and then patch the game. Please note that removing Kazaa alone will not fix the problem - you need to reinstall the game after removing Kazaa. This solution may not work for everyone, but we have received many reports confirming this has helped.
    My craptacular system spec's
    AMD Athlon @1400mhz
    Nvidia Geforce 3 Ti 200(Currently clocked at 250 Core and 550 RAM)
    512MB Crucial DDR RAM
    Thermalright Delta 68.6cfm fan
    Ghetto Rigged Antec full tower case/self-installed Plexy glass with 120mm blue LED fan
    300 watt power supply
    Two 6 watt Altec Lansing wine glass speakers with a 18 watt 3' sub
    Cordless Logitech Keyboard with a Logitech Infrared mouse
    60gig Seagete hardrive
    17" MAG Innovision Moniter
    32x12x40 Lite-On Burner
    OS = Windows XP Pro

I tried that and it worked at first, just like any reinstall I guess. But now it's not working again! I've uninstalled Kazaa Lite, deleted all related files and even gone into the registry and deleted Kazaa related things.

What else could be the problem?

Thread Information