what to use to clean my lcd
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: what to use to clean my lcd

what to use to clean my lcd

About to clean my laptop lcd just wonder if I can use windex or should I use some special solution? It's not glass I dnt' think cuz laptop lcd is kinda liek soft and mica kinda like.

As a precaution,
    Suggest avoiding the use of any alcohol based cleaner.

Check the TFT manual for any recommendation of cleaning methods and/or solutions.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

the two lcd's ive purchased have said to just use a damp rag. i dont think windex would hurt, but like shinma said, read first

I just googled that subject a day ago. I would avoid any glass cleaner -- some contain ammonia to cut grease. One of the pages went so far as to recommend against even products sold as screen cleaners.
    The best advice I found was vinegar and water, and another listed several forms of alcohol to avoid, and listed only isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) as usable.
    I would start with water and proceed up the list only as necessary to the next step on the ladder. A further recommendation was to put the fluid on the cloth and not on the screen.

wouldnt that be real cool if you used something that you werent supposed to and the plastic screen turned white?

Thread Information