ATI Radeon 9000pro 128mb?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27

Thread: ATI Radeon 9000pro 128mb?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta Canada
    Posts
    244

    ATI Radeon 9000pro 128mb?

    Hello, I'm looking to buy a video card by the end of July and need some input on the 9000pro. I was origally going to buy the 9500pro but can't afford it. The 9000pro is $150 cheaper than the 9500pro. Is there a huge difference between the two? I'm not a huge gamer but would like to play some of the newer games out right now. Any info would be great.
    thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    S. Jersey
    Posts
    19
    i dont know where you saw prices for those, but they are way off.

    you can find an OEM 9000 Pro 128 for $81
    . thats pretty cheap, but if you wanted somethign considerably better, you could opt for non-Pro versions of the 9500 and the 9600, with a Sapphire 9500 64 meg starting at $123 or the 128meg version for $135. here's a list of 9500 non-pros off of newegg.com the performance difference over the 9000pro is quite substantial and and their is ample headroom for future games. i'm not pushing either route, just saying that the 9000 Pro is a budget card and is really cheap but you can find a substantially better card for $50 more. 9500pro is an awesome card, but the non-pro ones are much cheaper and fill the gap between the 9000pro and the 9500pro quite nicely. nice enough that you;d be glad you got the 9500/9600 over the 9000pro =) good day
    Last edited by Somnam; July 6th, 2003 at 06:09 AM.
    Athlon XP 1800+ @2000+ (12.5x155)
    Nforce 2 (Asus A7N8X)
    512 (2x256) Corsair cas2 pc3200
    80 gig WD 8MB
    19" flat ImageQuest dsktp: 1600x1200 @85hz
    Sapphire Radeon 9500 Pro 128 @ 375/360
    onboard sound (pending)
    Sony MDR-CD280 Headphones
    PowerMax 350 watt PS (came with case)
    WinXP Pro SP1

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 1999
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,263

    Re: ATI Radeon 9000pro 128mb?

    Originally posted by bigdog27
    Hello, I'm looking to buy a video card by the end of July and need some input on the 9000pro. I was origally going to buy the 9500pro but can't afford it. The 9000pro is $150 cheaper than the 9500pro. Is there a huge difference between the two? I'm not a huge gamer but would like to play some of the newer games out right now. Any info would be great.
    thanks

    I would save a few more dollars and get a 9500. In the long run you will be alot happier with it.

    FYI

    I do know some people that own the 9000's and all of them say they should have gotten the 9500.

    Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV


    E6750 Core 2 Duo, 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800, GB P35C-DS3R MB, ATI Radeon X1950XT, Seagate 7200.9 320GB, Win XP Pro SP2, Enermax Liberty 500w


    HWC Folding@Home Team -- Learn How to Join the Team Here ---Detailed Stats

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta Canada
    Posts
    244
    I have called a lot of stores in my area and online stores in Canada and these are the lowest prices I can find for those cards.
    ATI Radeon 9000 pro OEM: $115
    ATI Radeon 9500 pro Retail: : $266 (can't find any OEM)
    Sapphire 9500 Retail: $219

    If anyone knows where I can get the 9500 pro cheaper in Canada please let me know. I don't want to buy a card that I won't be happy with.
    Also, I have heard a lot of bad things about the Sapphire video cards. Not built to the quality that ATI is. Would a Sapphire 9500 pro out perform the ATI 9000 pro? I think I will wait a little longer and see if I can find a better price on the ATI 9500pro.

    Somnam, the link for newegg doesn't work for me. I will take a look on newegg for the non-pro 9500. I believe newegg doesn't ship to Canada either.
    Thanks for the info.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    6,459
    If you can, try and get a 9500Pro 128MB from Best Buy's website (www.bestbuy.com). They may ship to Canada. They're $150 in the US, so that translates roughly to $200 Canadian. These are retail models too.
    My Guitar Hero 2 Xbox Live Ranking
    Main Rig (click this link for specs)
    Certified in: Nothing at all!
    Certifiable: 100% hands-on, real-world experience

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta Canada
    Posts
    244
    Thanks Wrathchild, I looked on the BestBuy web site but can't find a 9500pro on there. They actually just opened a best buy in Edmonton, I called and they want $349 for it. I will give the best buy in the US a try, if I can find it maybe they will ship it to me.
    thanks again.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    S. Jersey
    Posts
    19
    hrm didnt think about Canada, sry. actually, sapphire has been recognized as one of the premier powered by ati manufacturers. many of their cards use lower ns RAM and there cooling solutions may not look any better but they supposedly perform better and let you OC higher. i have a sapphire and this board is rock solid. i would probably get it over a made by ati card, but i cannot compare as i dont have a built by ati card. i did a lot of research before i forked over $220 USD for a new video card, and this one seemed to fit the bill all around.

    video cards seem to be a bit more expensive in Can. the cheapest i found a non-pro was 230 CD, about $170 USD. you can find the same card for around 130-140 USD in the US =\

    get the 9500 if you cna find one you can afford, if not, the 9000 pro's are really cheap. www.ncix.com. good luck =)
    Athlon XP 1800+ @2000+ (12.5x155)
    Nforce 2 (Asus A7N8X)
    512 (2x256) Corsair cas2 pc3200
    80 gig WD 8MB
    19" flat ImageQuest dsktp: 1600x1200 @85hz
    Sapphire Radeon 9500 Pro 128 @ 375/360
    onboard sound (pending)
    Sony MDR-CD280 Headphones
    PowerMax 350 watt PS (came with case)
    WinXP Pro SP1

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta Canada
    Posts
    244
    Thanks for the help guys. I just got a response back from BestBuy in the US. They won't ship to Canada. Maybe in the future. Why are video cards so much more expensive in Canada? I think I will hold off for another month or two. Get enough money together and buy a 9500pro. I would like to buy a video card good enough to last a while without having to upgrade. I'm planning on building a new system in the next 6 months so I need a good video card. I will look more into the Sapphire also.
    Thanks again

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    S. Jersey
    Posts
    19
    np.

    also, you may want to look up benchmarks and reviews for the 9500 and 9600 Pros in a few months, as Nvidia and ATi will probably be releasing (or close to) new cards accross the board by then and you may want a newer one. either way, the 9500 pro is one hell of a card and i think you'll be satisfied with it, wholely.

    good luck =)
    Athlon XP 1800+ @2000+ (12.5x155)
    Nforce 2 (Asus A7N8X)
    512 (2x256) Corsair cas2 pc3200
    80 gig WD 8MB
    19" flat ImageQuest dsktp: 1600x1200 @85hz
    Sapphire Radeon 9500 Pro 128 @ 375/360
    onboard sound (pending)
    Sony MDR-CD280 Headphones
    PowerMax 350 watt PS (came with case)
    WinXP Pro SP1

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    2010 Vancouver
    Posts
    780
    Originally posted by Somnam
    i dont know where you saw prices for those, but they are way off.

    you can find an OEM 9000 Pro 128 for $81
    . thats pretty cheap, but if you wanted somethign considerably better, you could opt for non-Pro versions of the 9500 and the 9600, with a Sapphire 9500 64 meg starting at $123 or the 128meg version for $135. here's a list of 9500 non-pros off of newegg.com the performance difference over the 9000pro is quite substantial and and their is ample headroom for future games. i'm not pushing either route, just saying that the 9000 Pro is a budget card and is really cheap but you can find a substantially better card for $50 more. 9500pro is an awesome card, but the non-pro ones are much cheaper and fill the gap between the 9000pro and the 9500pro quite nicely. nice enough that you;d be glad you got the 9500/9600 over the 9000pro =) good day
    His prices are not off. He's in Canada. The price that he's talking about is correct.

    "Radeon 9100 128M DDR, VGA, DVI, TV-O, AGP4x ( OEM )"
    Price: $110

    Atic

    Actually you could get a ATI 9000 Pro 128 for $110 CAD.

    I would recommend a ATI 8500 128. Or LE.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    2010 Vancouver
    Posts
    780
    Originally posted by bigdog27
    Thanks for the help guys. I just got a response back from BestBuy in the US. They won't ship to Canada. Maybe in the future. Why are video cards so much more expensive in Canada? I think I will hold off for another month or two. Get enough money together and buy a 9500pro. I would like to buy a video card good enough to last a while without having to upgrade. I'm planning on building a new system in the next 6 months so I need a good video card. I will look more into the Sapphire also.
    Thanks again
    Because we have a lower dollar. Recently it has been rising, it's almost at 75 cents/1$ US.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta Canada
    Posts
    244
    Thanks MacNews. What store has the video card for $110? I see your from Vancouver, I have looked online at a few stores around Vancouver and they are more expensive than the one in Edmonton for the 9000pro 128mb. Which is weird because Edmonton sucks when it comes to computer stores. If I'm buying anything for my computer I always have to order it from Calgary or one of the stores in the Vancouver area because its a lot cheaper. Even with the shipping charges I still save a lot of money ordering the parts.

    I take it your saying the 8500 is better than the 9000pro? I may have a 9500pro from a friend of a friend that works at a computer store in Edmonton that may be able to get me a good deal. But just incase that doesn't work out I have to check out some other options.
    Thanks,

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Location
    Grand Haven, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    11,332
    If you do not jump on the Radeon 9500 Pro soon it will be gone. They are getting VERY hard to find right now and the non pro versions suck. I'd rather get a Radeon 9600 than a Radeon 9500 NP. I don't think the next batch of mid ranged cards will hit until Christmas at the earliest.
    AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    2010 Vancouver
    Posts
    780
    Originally posted by bigdog27
    Thanks MacNews. What store has the video card for $110? I see your from Vancouver, I have looked online at a few stores around Vancouver and they are more expensive than the one in Edmonton for the 9000pro 128mb. Which is weird because Edmonton sucks when it comes to computer stores. If I'm buying anything for my computer I always have to order it from Calgary or one of the stores in the Vancouver area because its a lot cheaper. Even with the shipping charges I still save a lot of money ordering the parts.

    I take it your saying the 8500 is better than the 9000pro? I may have a 9500pro from a friend of a friend that works at a computer store in Edmonton that may be able to get me a good deal. But just incase that doesn't work out I have to check out some other options.
    Thanks,
    BigDog27, go to This link and go to the right side and click "Video Card" and scroll down and look at the ATI cards.

    The 9100 Pro (Uses the 8500 chipset) is $110.

    Your welcome for the help!
    Last edited by MacNews; July 8th, 2003 at 04:09 AM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta Canada
    Posts
    244
    Thanks, that store has most things cheaper than any store I have looked at in Canada. Even the 9500pro is not a bad deal at $240. I will find out in the next few hours if my friend can get me a deal on the 9500pro and if not I will try and order it through the store in Vancouver. If they have it in stock.

    The 9100 on that web site doesn't say its a Pro card. I guess I will call them and ask if I decide to get that one.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •