Which video card should I use?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Which video card should I use?

Which video card should I use?

Hi I have a GeForce2 and a ATI Rage Fury Pro. Both are 32 meg cards and I am unsure of which to use. Right now I am using a 300 mhz celeron although I am about to upgrade it to a 600 mhz P-III. The ATI card has slightly lower core and memory clock, however I heard that it performs very well and I don't know that much about the two cards. If anyone could give me some advice that would be great.
    Thanks,
    -chris

Oh yeah the ati card is on the agp bus, the other is pci. Would that make a big difference?

I d put without second thought the GeForce 2.I had it myself.THe rage Fury if i m not mistake is at least one generation behind and i don't know if it's even considered a GPU.Also,i don't think it can come close to the power of the GeForce2

Yes, definitely the GeForce 2. The Rage Fury Pro is at least 2 generations behind the GF2. The AGP bus is overrated also. What has happened is that over the years card makers just put more (and faster) memory on the cards to avoid having to borrow memory from the system, which involves taking a long trip down a slow bus (comparatively speaking). If they don't have any confidence in it, I don't see much reason for anyone else to. It's basically just been a marketing gimmick. Usually, if you ever get in a situation in a game where the card is swapping data to & from your system memory through the AGP bus, your performance will be degraded to the extent that the game will cease to be enjoyable.

Thanks, I'll go with the geforce2.

Thread Information