would you pay someone to pay EQ for you?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

View Poll Results: would you pay someone to play EQ for you?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

0 0%
  • no

10 100.00%

Thread: would you pay someone to pay EQ for you?

would you pay someone to pay EQ for you?

this is almost an arguement between me and a friend of mine. he plays EverQuest religously, and i hate the game.

anyway.. would you (you being people who play everquest) be willing to pay someone else to play for you, for whatever reason.. a raid.. exp.. better equipment (in particular no drop stuff).. anything.

i can't fathom the possiblilty of paying someone else to play a game for me, but he seems to believe that there are people out there. now after hearing some of his stories i'm beginning to believe him.

i'm just looking for feedback really.. not necessarily if you personnally would do this, but if you would then what kind of things would you want them to do for you? and for how much?
    Main
    AMD XP-M 2500+ @ 2200 (200x11), 1.65v Thermalright SK-7 w/ Thermaltake Smart fan2 Abit NF7-S v2.0, Forceware 5.10 OCZ 1.5gb OCZ PC3200 2.5-3-3-10 Radeon 9800XT 128mb w/ Zalman VF-700cu Maxtor 250gb SATA HD LG DVD-RWPioneer 10x DVD Enlight 7250 w/ 2 80mm Enermax Noisetaker EG495P-VE SFMA Logitech Z2300 Speakers Samsung 753DF WinXP Pro SP2 DX9.0c

Certifed: MCSA, A+, Linux+, Security+, Net+

i have to work hard to fork over the cash just to pay for the game, much less then pay someone to play it for me. Thats not including the price to actually play the game...not a chance. games are trivial anyways. yes i am an avid gamer but why would i waste money on something so trivial. i would rather spend my money on something more worth while. you might say that well you spent money on the game to begin with, was that worth while since they are so trivial? well yea, its the satisfaction of playing a game yourself. getting someone else to get you some cool weapon or what-not is just....well its just dumb.

See the thing about Everquest is you can't just pick up the keyboard and mouse and start playing, No matter what anyone say's even a warrior has more stuff to know than just hack n' slash. And Magic users like the Necromancer I used to play, there's no way they could fathom what the spells do, where to use them, when to use them, and on what creatures to use them. You would not want to pay anyone that isn't at least your level and knows a little, well alot about your class's strengths and weaknesses. Also never do this with anyone online your asking to have your stuff taken from you.

I voted no btw. Now I have sold stuff on ebay from this game before. I would if I wanted to make money off the game let someone who knows what they are doing handle my LIFE , oops I mean Character ,

The only reason I sold my stuff was because i was moving out of my now ex-girlfriends dad's house and didn't own my own computer let alone my own copy of EQ.

I would be playing right now and every second if I didn't have a family and have College. Trust me I skipped High School more than once just to sit at home and play some EQ.

Anyway since I play the game because it's the best game ever made, and I like it so much I could not have anyone touch my character or password for that matter.
    AMD AthlonXP 1700 T-Bred "B" @2.07GHz (180x11.5)
    Thermaltake Volcano 9 w/80mm Blue/red LED Fan
    Asus A7N8X Deluxe nForce2 Motherboard...Rev 1004
    Western Digital 40GB hard drive 8MB cache
    256MB Crucial DDR333
    Radeon Hercules 8500LE 128MB
    NVidia SoundStorm Audio
    Chieftec Dragon Yellow Case
    Window Kit and Duel Blue Cold Cathodes
    Austin 450W Power Supply

ha ha theres a dream job. I'd like to get paid to play anygame lol.

what if you paid by the level or item? this is mostly directed at coyote81, as he seems to have actually played the game.
    Main
    AMD XP-M 2500+ @ 2200 (200x11), 1.65v Thermalright SK-7 w/ Thermaltake Smart fan2 Abit NF7-S v2.0, Forceware 5.10 OCZ 1.5gb OCZ PC3200 2.5-3-3-10 Radeon 9800XT 128mb w/ Zalman VF-700cu Maxtor 250gb SATA HD LG DVD-RWPioneer 10x DVD Enlight 7250 w/ 2 80mm Enermax Noisetaker EG495P-VE SFMA Logitech Z2300 Speakers Samsung 753DF WinXP Pro SP2 DX9.0c

Certifed: MCSA, A+, Linux+, Security+, Net+

I wouldn't pay someone else to play for me personally but I can see why others would. Image is tremedously important to a lot of people and I can see this being extended into such a complicated game.
    AMD Mobile 2500+
    A7N8X Deluxe rev2.0
    1GB Corsair XMS PC2700
    GeCube Radeon 9800 Pro
    Seagate SATA 80GB
    2xSegate 160GB in RAID0

even tho I ahve never player everquest, I play games for my enjoyment.. no way I would pay someone to play my character for me...

In my opinion, if it ever gets to the point where you're paying someone to play a game for you, it's time to get a real life

I used to play on MUD (Multi-User Dungeon's) a lot. Eventually I swore off it because it became so addictive you'd spend your entire waking hours playing it. It got to the point where I'd wondered what I truly achieved in that day that wasn't a trivial waste of time.

Well, they pretty much used to have that. It was called Ebay, but The makers of EQ shut that down, People would buy and sell Whole accounts for thousands of dollars, and others might have a $5 item to sell.
    As for paying per item or level, again I refer to only having a person know what they were doing get me the level or item. And with that said it makes an interesting point why?

If you don't have the time to play and get the level yourself or the item then you won't have the time to enjoy that item or level once you have it, except wishing you were sitting in front of EverCrack using your new weapon or slaying monsters with your new found skill or gaining all your skills to the max again for that level.

The thing about EQ is most players play 20+ hours a week, this is for most casual gamers done on the weekend playing for like ten hours straight or even 20. so this is a problem because the time when a casual gamer is playing is the same time when everybody else is usually online. which means that item you want probably is going to be camped and your not going to get it.

it became so addictive you'd spend your entire waking hours playing it.
    The same thing with Everquest, if I was online I was looking at everlore.com the best site for EQ info.
    I knew more about that game that most people ever could hope to just by using this site, I knew what weapons were best for everyone and the places and monsters to fight to get them. It would be all i would talk about.

I know that if I ever got the game again I'd probably give my wife the ability to make a password so i couldn't play it except on weekends. because I would fail school.

Anyway I would not pay anyone to play for me because they would kill me more than once, and if you never played then you have no idea how frustrating it is losing all the exp. points you just spend the last few hours earning suddenly get wiped away. I lost 1 full level one day, I had to quit the game for a while otherwise my computer would have been broken into millions of pieces.

Anyway Best Game ever
    Over 400 real life weddings have occured
    Probably thousands of Divorces because this game is a drug, the best drug known to man, and i speak with experiance(not with other drugs just this one
    AMD AthlonXP 1700 T-Bred "B" @2.07GHz (180x11.5)
    Thermaltake Volcano 9 w/80mm Blue/red LED Fan
    Asus A7N8X Deluxe nForce2 Motherboard...Rev 1004
    Western Digital 40GB hard drive 8MB cache
    256MB Crucial DDR333
    Radeon Hercules 8500LE 128MB
    NVidia SoundStorm Audio
    Chieftec Dragon Yellow Case
    Window Kit and Duel Blue Cold Cathodes
    Austin 450W Power Supply

I played it for about 2 years, and no I really wouldn't pay anyone to play EQ for me. I knew a few people who would pay for items here and there or even buy an account, and if you wanted to buy stuff you would go to Player Auctions since you can't place EQ stuff on ebay anymore.

One of the main reasons I would never pay anyone to play my character would be the risk of them stealing my stuff or say even trying to take the account itself. You'd probably get your account back, but by that time it would have been stripped and your characters deleveled back to level 1. Also whatever reputation they build when using that character would reflect on you so you could end up with people hating you and not having a clue as to why. It would be just be too risky.

EQ was just really an above average game at best the only real reason I kept playing for so long was my friends. Once they started leaving the game it made it very easy for me to do so as well. It also didn't help that the last 2 big expansions(SoL and PoP) were buggy and incomplete for a long time after they were released. If I had it all to do over again I would have probably never started.

I used everlore for like a few months for my EQ info, but I found that Allakhazams was a lot better. Everlore's database would sometimes be incomplete and the same would go for the bestiary of the zone. I was actually surprised to find them still up and running today. I figured that died out a longtime ago.
    Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal ~Einstein

Thread Information