Which GeForce will work in my A7V133?
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: Which GeForce will work in my A7V133?

Question Which GeForce will work in my A7V133?

I'm currently running a GeForce 2 MX 400 32meg. I'm upgrading my CPU to at least a 1.3 gig, higher if I can. What's the fastest GeForce I can put in this mobo? It doesn't support AGP8, I think it's AGP2?
    Should I just stick with what I have?
    Help.

Just checked, my Nvidia Display info says my card is running 4xAGP
    Last edited by Dood; June 13th, 2003 at 06:25 PM.

You can put any GeForce card in there. It depends on what games you play and how much you're willing to spend.

If I were in your shoes though, for a machine that has a 1.3GHz processor, I would put in a GeForce4 Ti4200. They're cheap and they perform very nicely.

Good luck and wait for others to reply... they know far more about videocard than I do!
    ? Quantum Physics ? Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Yeah, the Ti4200 looks like the best bang for the buck I guess. I was looking at the 5200 ultra, but even though it has DX9 support I don't think it's as good as the Ti4200 over all. I just wonder how a 8X AGP card will perform in a 4X AGP board like mine? Will it take a big performance hit?

Likely all will work fine as the KT133 chipset supported AGP 4x. Cards that are AGP 8x will work with 4x too. The only card that might give you trouble are some of the GeForceFX 5800 and 5900 as they draw a lot of power and your power supply might not be up to par. A good GeForce4 Ti4200 would be a good card for your system.
    AMD Phenom II x4 945 3Ghz | ASUS M4A77TD | 2X WD 1TB SATA 2 hard drive | 2x2GB Corsair XMS3 | nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS | ATI TV Wonder Theater Pro 550 | Antec P-160 case | Antec 650w Earth Watts | LG Blu-ray Super Drive | LG DVD RW | Windows 7 Pro

Thread Information