CD Burning Problem
Home | Reviews and Features | Special Reports | Forums |

Thread: CD Burning Problem

CD Burning Problem

I am having a problem burning CD's. I have the Verbatim CDRW drive which Windows XP Pro recognizes just fine. I am using the NF7-S motherboard and everything on my computer is working great until I try to burn CD's. When I start the burn process, I get an error message everytime right at about 25% complete. The error message says" SCSI/IDE Command Aborted" Then it just cancels out and I waste another CD. I am using Nero burning software, the latest version. Could this be the problem I was having with my DVD and CDRW drives showing up in hardware manager as SCSI devices when in actuality I have them plugged into IDE. What can I do about this? Thanks.

nvsales

Uninstall the SW IDE driver that comes with the v2.03 nforce drivers if ya haven't already.

Hello all ...

Can i ask a question here .... continue with this post ...

Well, I have a CD writer. Iomega brand, 8x4x32.

Well, question :
    - bought a CDRW for sped 4x onwards. When i use it, my CD writer detect it's 2x and i can't change the speed nor burn it
    - i bought few blank CDR. fail to burn with with my CD writer. but it can burn other brand CDR.

Thx.

Check to see if there are any firmware updates for the drive in question.

Nothing irregular for a drive to be picky about media being used.
    "I know nothing."
    Cheers.

Originally posted by Kid Chaos
    Uninstall the SW IDE driver that comes with the v2.03 nforce drivers if ya haven't already.
    How do you uninstall just the SW IDE drivers? Do I do that in the device manager window? Thanks Chaos.

nvsales

Originally posted by nvsales

How do you uninstall just the SW IDE drivers? Do I do that in the device manager window? Thanks Chaos.
    My best guess is that it is done via the device manager. Uninstall it then reboot. It could also be that you just install them again without uninstalling anything and say no to SW IDE drivers. Try both.

Thread Information